In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thoughts on this?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
I have a mini 30 for sale locally. Buyer notifies me by email this morning. Wants to meet at a Gun Dealer in Columbia Sunday. They are closed. Same gun dealer Dillon Roof purchased his glock from. Buyer will not identify himself so I can find out who he is before the meet. He has said he is a SC resident. I responded I will not sell it on a FFL property.

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I'm confused are you the buyer or seller.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just tell him it's just been traded for a Confederate flag that flew over the state capitol building.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Just tell him it's just been traded for a Confederate flag that flew over the state capitol building.

[:D]
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe it is just me, but I have never sold a gun to someone that I did not know unless it was transferred through an FFL...but that is just me.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Maybe it is just me, but I have never sold a gun to someone that I did not know unless it was transferred through an FFL...but that is just me.

i have many times, as long as they have a permit of CCW here In NC...if they want a BOS fine, if not fine
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ran an ad to sell a .44 Mag Desert Eagle when I was living in Montgomery, AL back in the 90s. Some guy called and wanted to see it so we met at a local pawn shop parking lot for him to see the gun. He was sitting in my truck looking at the gun and he was looking around like someone nervous. He asked can you change the caliber on this gun to the .50 cal. I said no but you can on this one and I reached into my should holster and pulled out my .50AE Desert Eagle. His eyes got so wide open he looked like Buckwheat. He said nervously if you'll follow me to the bank so I can get some money out of the machine I'll take the gun. He got in his car and I started to follow him and he floored it and that was the last I ever saw of him.

Sorry SOB had thoughts of taking the gun and probably more until he saw he was about to be shot with a .50 cal. After I got over being pissed it was funny. [:D]
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our local Chief of Police has given the okay to do transfers in the police dept. parking lot. They have cameras and of anything goes wrong they at least have a video to look into.

What is the problem with doing the swap in the parking lot of an FFL if the store is closed? For some it may just be an easy way to find each other.

I will say the buyer not wanting to ID himself would be a hell no for me.

If you go have a buddy watch your back, something seems off with this.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i went to sell a gun yesterday until the buyer refused to sign a bill of sale and show his id. while it wasn't mandatory that would cover my keister a little bit at least. no bos no sale!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand some folks want gun purchases totaly off the record, there are some folks who do not care who they sell to because they think they are doing the 2nd justice. Personaly I won't sell a gun to an individual who does not have a CCW permit or refuses to go through an FFL. This isn't the 1800s anymore and there is a lot of nutjobs out there as we have all seen. I din't want to be the guy who sells a gun to the next nutjob that ends up on TV. Atleast if he had a CCW or we go through an FFL the worry and possible guilt is off my shoulders. Sorry for the die hard total freedom fellas out there but todays people make it that way.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    yea dont understand the FFL property thing....how bout walmart property, CVS property, gander mtn property, still a no can do??

my FFL has just said take it outside..........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He wouldn't give ID so we won't meet.