In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old beer coaster

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Does anyone have any old beer coaster or stuff for a bar area??? I am making a counter top and want to put some old beer coaster and bar stuff on it and then pour polyurethane over it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Oakie and Donna

PS, I hung up the branding iron that TOPDAD,, Kevin, Made us. Everyone loves it and it hangs over the grill area.[:)] That was one hell of a surprise gift from a member on here. We both love it and will go to our new home when we move. It will be treasured forever.[;)]

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    John; That Kevin is one cool dude.. U need to meet up with him when U come down here.
    We had a blast hanging out and fishin when I was up in Cocoa.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I've seen a bar top that was all different bottle caps then poured over with clear.

You could also peel labels off bottles and use the labels on your top.

How about cutting apart cans and using the flattened out aluminum??
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,643 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to drag this into the picture but check flebay .
    I started a small collection of items with my last name and I was surprised at the beer ( Germany ) that had advertising and even beer with the name I am sure you can find coasters or what ever you need to do it up countless advertising items out there and you can find them inexpensive to the point shipping cost more [:I]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    I hate to drag this into the picture but check flebay .
    I started a small collection of items with my last name and I was surprised at the beer ( Germany ) that had advertising and even beer with the name I am sure you can find coasters or what ever you need to do it up countless advertising items out there and you can find them inexpensive to the point shipping cost more [:I]

Thanks. I checked and they had what I wanted. [:)] Awesome. My dad also has some left over from his bar in the 60's
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lots of label and such collectors out there...u should be able to buy quantities of such ..google is your friend ..and most collectors have multiples to swap or sell
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    your old school girl lesbian friend might have some ideas..