In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dog Intelligence

Comments

• Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Do they have one of these charts for women? [:I][:I]

Volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    If he has one for women, I want the ratings for the "Excellent Working Women"[}:)]

If I did not want/need/love hunting dogs, I would have a border collie instead of a lab. Man they are smart!!!
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting to note that a Bull Terrier is way down there at #66 and Border Collies are number one.
    I can't figure out why you'd own a dumb dog as a pet when you can own a smart one, unless it's a hunting breed that you use for that purpose.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    Interesting to note that a Bull Terrier is way down there at #66 and Border Collies are number one.
    I can't figure out why you'd own a dumb dog as a pet when you can own a smart one, unless it's a hunting breed that you use for that purpose.

Cause some of the dumb ones are pretty adorable.

The really smart dogs are also usually pretty high-strung, and they require a lot of training (ie work by the owner) to take advantage of that intelligence, otherwise they can get themselves into trouble.

If you don't have time to give these dogs the training/attention they need a dumb one might be better.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its important to not get one smarter than you are.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Jimmyjack: quote: Its important to not get one smarter than you are. LOL! And how does one do that? [:D][:D]

Volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is waiting to go Dove hunting Sat...[:D]