In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kinda Funny

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Just got a call from an intoxicated tenant who says to come by tomorrow for rent.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Kinda funny thing happened the other day. I'm delivering an order to one of our local restaurant/bars. Now, I'm dressed like I always am. Boots, wranglers, usually a cotton shirt, black that day, and a well-worn Resistol. Walk into the place, and there is a pretty, red headed, middle aged woman sitting at a table, eating. As I walk in, I notice she is staring at me, real noticeable like. Now, I know for sure it isn't my rugged good looks, as it's been a long, long time since I turned any female heads! I figure she's "not from these parts", and isn't used to seeing someone dressed the way I am. Next thing I know, she has her phone out taking pictures of me. She sees me looking, and kinda gives me a bashful grin.

I finish up my business with the owner, and head back for the door. She's still kinda watching me, coy like. I figure, "What the hell?" and turn around, facing her, tip my hat, smile, and say, in my best Marshal Dillon voice, "Evenin', Ma'am". She gets this huge smile on her face, and I just go on out to the old F150, and ride off into the sunset.

Ladies love Cowboys. Just not for very long!

Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for a short cut to the lake, years ago, saw an old boy walking down the side of the road. He had on a flannel long-sleeved shirt and a toboggan in July, not many teeth, eyes slightly crossed. "Hey bud, how do you get to the lake?" Response, "My uncle takes me."
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made me laugh. Don
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rent is due tomorrow he needed not to call.

Kinda funny.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I'm not tracking at all.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay... And what's the funny point?
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    You should really screen your tenants better.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SG
    You should really screen your tenants better.

Wow.. I do screen them. This one is squeaky clean , has a good job and never been a problem. He just called to say his wife and him wish me a Happy New Year. Sure he was intoxicated.... it was New Years Eve no big deal..
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is she going to pay you and with what Happy New [}:)][:D]Year
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    How is she going to pay you and with what Happy New [}:)][:D]Year

Cash every month and on time.[:D]