In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Welcome to America...

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just last night on the news Columbia is absorbing 120 new immigrants.Bantu's from Somolia are arriving. They have apartments set up for em'.. everything... They can't speak english but that is Ok we will teach them everything to get by and see if they can find a job. Welcome to America.. Thousands are coming.

Comments

• concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll probably be some of the hardest working people there.

I don't really like how "we" give immigrants more opportunities than we give our own citizens, but I know from experience that the majority of the folks who arrive in the U.S. from places like Somalia, Bosnia, and places like that tend to earn every cent they get.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get me started or I will be poofed you can bet on it.[:(!]

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Now theres a dandy idea! Send the unemployment rate up and pass out the Government checks. They will get the hang of it soon.
    Shame on me for saying that!![:(!]
    Bad daddo,Bad daddo!!!
  • ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have very very mixed reactions.

On one hand, it'd be DAMN NICE if we did this for people who already live here.

On the other hand, I often note some of the most patriotic (almost fanatical) and hard working people I have encountered have come over as desperate immigrants who can appreciate what this country is giving them: hope. They also tend to really appreciate the bill of rights, especially the second amendment.

Guess maybe i'd like to reform the welfare and immigration system so the hard workers are given the bennies/opportunities and the career welfare types are deported.

guess that's why I am not into politics.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, at least Bantus from Somalia are a nice change from the usual "huddled masses." [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    News said the Bantu's were in another country that wants them to leave. Somehow they can't go back to the original country they came from. So Bush said " Hey come to America" we can find a place for ya.. Thousands are coming.