In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PICS from the National Corvette Museum (UPDATE)

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I am on my way to Bowling Green, Ky, to visit the National Corvette Museum today. I am visiting the museum as a part of one of my Grad School projects this semester. I've always been a fan of Corvettes and I expect to see some rare models up there today. I'll take plenty of photos, and post a few when I get back.

Anyone have a recommendation for which models to post? If you drop them in this tread, I'l look through all my photos when I get home, and post any you request which were available today.

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The early ones have a lot of character, especially the convertibles; you should post at least one Sting Ray too. And this year's model, since I haven't had a good look at it yet.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the NCM, and it is really quite an experience. I have class in an hour, so I have to download the photos and get them onto the laptop, for class. Will post some of the pics later this evening.

I definately give the place a thumbs up, and if you are a "gear-head", it is a must-see for you!!!

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Nice place...I've went there when I lived in Scottsville, Ky.

aliens.jpg
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it wouldn't be to much trouble I'd love to see a 1959 vette love car shows and museums.[:D].....B.B.
    edited November -1
    Well, here are a few of the photos from the trip today. Again, I highly recommend it for any of you Corvette nuts. It is a great display... one of EVERYTHING!!!

BTW, the last photo is of Roy Orbisons' 1965 Corvette. Man would I like to own that one. I think he has one of the best all-around male singers... ever [:)].

1959_and_1960_Vettes.jpg

Gas_Station_Vettes.jpg

Roy_Orbisons_1965_Vette.jpg

NSDQ!

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have driven past that place a million times wanting to stop but never have. Tell me something, will they let you pet them?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like that white one. I wonder what kind of value they place on that?[:p]
    edited November -1
    More than I am worth, that's for sure. But wouldn't it be neat to own Roy Orbison's "old car"?

NSDQ!

• 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pictures.
    The first Corvette was made in 1953, 300 manufactured. Next the 1954-
    owned three of those-235x3 side draft carters w/power glides. Last style of the early vettes was in 1955-introduced the V-8 and three speed. Never have been there but still love Corvettes. Am restoring a
    1961 very soon. Have to like or dislike those solid axles. Would love to see a picture of one of the 53's to 55's. Really like to see my old 54 which I restored and sold-E54S002054. 101
    edited November -1
    Here you go 101st..... great choices

1953_Corvette.jpg

1954_Corvette.jpg

NSDQ!

• 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night Stalker,
    Thanks! Great photograpy! 101
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't been there but will someday. Nice vettes. My favorites would be a split between a 65 fuelie coupe and a 69 427/435 roadster.