In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My FFL Dealer is being investigated by the ATF

GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got an email today from my FFL dealer saying he is being investigated by the ATF. The ATF came into his home yesterday and removed all of his records for review.
I was told to be expecting a phonecall from the ATF agents asking if I had received the guns I purchased from him.
BTW, My FFL dealer does everything by the book. I am not allowed to take a gun from his business until all paperwork and approvals have been completed.

Any suggestions????

Thanks,
GhostCat

Comments

• gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just had the postal police come to my house last month. All they asked is if I still owened a pistol I purchased two years before. I would not sweat it..

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Tell them you sold all your guns at a gun bazar to some guy named Bill Smith.[:D]

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If everything you have is that meticulously legal and particularly if you have records, don't sweat it. You could make them get warrents for everything, but what a hassle, and one day you might want a C&R. Cooperate, but not within your home. Go to their office.

He Dog
  • GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice......

quote: Tell them you sold all your guns at a gun bazar to some guy named Bill Smith

Is this legal?....I realize I can sell rifles/shotguns to another individual, but can you sell a pistol to an individual (in the same state) without going through a FFL dealer? .....person to person?

Thanks,
    GhostCat
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    There are a couple of states that forbid it, but it's mostly legal. Same for gifts.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be straight up with them.