In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bank of America Works Sunday ..Got a Call

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Somebody used my B/A card to send FTD Flowers for $213 Dollars. Guess what.. they didn't get paid. Happy MOTHER Day whoever you are [:D] This is the 2nd time B/A has stopped a fraud charge.. I am beginning to think they may have an employee giving out this information.

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    tell BoA to give you a new card.I had a prob.like that and they gave me a new card.

I'm going to close my BoA they changed my rate from 4.9 to a variable rate of 10.75 and I have never been late or overdrawn
    or any thing that would change my rate.and this was after they got my tax money in a stimulus pakg.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    I'm confident that your mother/stepmother will still enjoy the flowers, regardless of you disputing the charge with your credit card company. [;)]

Jim

[:D][:D][:D]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Quit using Credit cards back in 06. They are ALL bloodsuckers. They sucked the American public DRY. Then asked for and GOT more from the govt. They are nothing more than money wh@res[:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father was the victim of check fraud through his Bank of America account. My father is 81 yrs old and white and the people passing the bad checks were all black and mid 30's. It happened about 5 times and then Bank of America has the nerve to accuse my dad of being a part of it. My dad the closed his account he was so mad.
    Fast forward 1 month later my dad goes to open an account at a different bank and they say "sorry sir, we cant open an account for you, Bank of America says you comitted check fraud".
    My dad is now suing Bank of America.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm confident that your mother/stepmother will still enjoy the flowers, regardless of you disputing the charge with your credit card company. [;)]

Jim

I am confident you are not a financial genius. B/A canceled the card this morning.
    edited November -1
    Maybe they should call it Bank of BUBBA America
    edited November -1
    What I don't understand... How could someone get someones complete CC number? I am talking all 16 numbers and the security code off the back I still say someone from B/A is giving the numbers out.
    edited November -1
    select-fire. Ever go to a restaurent[?]
    edited November -1
    All the time....Cash.. Never used a CC. This card was actually never used. I have another CC I use. Bank supplied this one and a debit card. Don't do the debit thing either. But when I went out to Oklahoma for the car.. B/A needed the debit card swiped for verification on my account when I wrote the check for the car. Buyer wanted cash in return from them...Guess What..B/A the largest bank in the country.. DID NOT have enough cash in the vault and gave the seller a cashiers check for the balance. This country runs on credit.
    edited November -1
    Bet its the Lexingtn Mafia at work[:0]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used CC's for many years with no problems save one, and I know where it came from.

CC company called and asked about 2 charges for "dating sites" put in on the same day. 2 days previously I had purchased a new computer for my mother from Dell, and instead of completing the transaction online, I called in to ask a few questions. Went through with the order on the phone. The guy I was speaking to was about 20 from my ability to detect age, and undoubtedly he was the one that stole the info.

Either way it was no big deal,.....they cancelled the charges, and had me a new card in hand within 5 days. I have never had anything else happen, and have never lost one penny using a CC.

I HAVE made a lot of free money though using my cash back cards.
    Some folks can handle them correctly,.....others can't.
    Figure out which you are.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

Jim

I am confident you are not a financial genius. B/A canceled the card this morning.

So, you are a rotten son and didn't get her any flowers?!?! Shame on you and on mother's day to boot. [B)]

Jim

I bought my Mom flowers that were delivered early. I was also going to buy your mom some but she said her cheap son was taking her out to McDonalds to split a fun meal for her mothers day dinner. Your a class act guy.