In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Banking question UPDATE

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Said it could take 2 weeks to 2 months for a transfer of an IRA from B/A

Well can I just go get the checks from B/A and do the deposits in a roll over myself?

Went in there tonight and got it all. Have 60 days to roll over the accounts.

Comments

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did that 20 yrs ago but laws change, the bank your moving to can request the fund transfer from the existing bank on your behalf with signed paperwork, that I did recently. The time it took I can't remember.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Yes, you can do it yourself. The IRS gives you 'X' amount of time to re-deposit into another IRA,,,,,,,,,can't remember the amt. of time but I've done it several times.

I am headed there tomorrow to do just that.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    your first mistake was BOA
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FDIC Banks have many mandated Federal regulations they must follow but they like to make up a few of their own rules on the fly giving you the impression it's law when it's not.......don't accept their BS as law, make them prove what they say.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    B/A had to call Texas to find out how to do it. Isn't that something.. in the banking business and no clue how to transfer an account.