In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Poll about spouses and kids

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
Simple questions: Is your spouse any better than anyone else's spouse?

And are your kids any better than anyone else's kids?

Finally, do you personally VALUE your spouse or kids over anyone else's spouse or kids?

Answer: YES or NO

Okay, you radical firebrand spouse and kid-lovers, come out of the woodwork! Let's hear how BIGOTED you really are! And only the smart ones will rise to the top...whatever that means.

Comments

• Options
    calamitywoodcalamitywood Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    is this one of those "yes or no" questions only?
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, Ramtin, I no longer have a spouse or a religion, both turned out to be pretty worthless.

My son, on the otherhand--IS THE BEST!! [:D][:D][8D][8D]

Just a totally objective comment there! [;)]
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My spouse is currently better than anyone else's spouses because she's the only one who will actively engage in sexual relations with me without pressing charges..

My kids are still on back-order and won't ship for another few years. I'm sure they'll be better than other kids because they'll have my stunning good looks and my wife's witty sense of humor.

My cat is better than other peoples' cats because he has personality, and a weight advantage. He also sweeps up after himself when he makes a mess and tries to act like a mother bird to me when I haven't eaten in awhile. He regurgitates his food on my lap so I may be nourished as well. He's a thoughtful and caring sort, and always faithful to me, his bestest friend.

My wife's bearded dragon is better than other people's bearded dragons because it's the only one out of 4 that she's decided to keep. There must be a reason she's let this one remain in the family, and my guess is that it doesn't complain like other bearded dragons do when breakfast comes at noon instead of 9, or when the crickets are too small and bite at its feet.

My TV is better than other peoples' TVs because other people won't let me watch their TVs when I go over. My TV lets me hog the remotes. Other people don't let me touch their remotes.

My poll is better than other peoples' polls because it doesn't ask stupid questions like who has the better spouse, child, or crop output in may. It chooses not to ask any questions, and just go with the flow.

[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YES or NO! [;)]
  • Options
    Edmond_DantesEdmond_Dantes Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bienvenido a mi casa de empeno.
    quanto pesos pro queso?
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes or No. Don

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Edmond_Dantes
    bienvenido a mi casa de empeno.
    quanto pesos pro queso?

gracias, y dos.

Mi bol?grafo es bueno. Mi gato es parados. Es todos!
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Ah, yes, I remember the heady days of my children's early development...every milestone was looked upon as a miracle, "my child is a genius!", ... Senator Charlotte Bennett,.... Nobel Prize-winning biochemist, Charlotte Bennett,.... Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Julian Bennett....

Now I look at them and think, "Just don't end up on the Jerry Springer show, okay?"

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just an observation: If ones "religion" means no more to them than does their spouse or children, then why bother? Maybe what one needs instead is a RELATIONSHIP with a LIVING GOD! After all, isn't your "god" supposed to be around long after your spouse leaves you and your kids abandon you to a nursing home?

Just an observation...
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The answer can be yes or no depending on the day and what they did to tick me off.....[:D]

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ducky
    Mi bol?grafo es bueno. Mi gato es parados. Es todos!

[?][?][?]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love it [^][^] beachmaster73 got under your skin big time...[:0][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)]