In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

help wanted

bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Did you know that many businesses put or keep an ad/sign out to keep their employees on the edge of fear, in hopes of keeping them working more diligently?

The goal is more productivity/increased profits.

Whether it be accomplished with existing employees or new blood, it matters not to them.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    As You All know I make And Sell Turkey Calls
    The Sales are Great Thanks to Many of You all.
    And the Help Of GunBroker.com But it Is My time of year to "Make it while I Can"

I Know Some of you Have Your Sig Lines Disabled
    Here Are My Links To my You Tube Videos
    I Would Like to Appeal to You Folks to Go Look at them
    Make Comments On them
    If You have Purchased Calls post Your Experiences, Likes, ETC.
    Both On the Youtube Comment Link And Here too if you may.
    And Remember If You Would Like to Get one Or A Dozen LOL
    I Will Put up a Link to a Buy it Now Special here On GunBroker For You Just ask if One is not available there.
    Being very Busy sometimes I Don't Put them Back up when One Sells,
    Remember Support Your GunBroker Site!!!
    Thank You
    Woody[^][:D]
    For Demo See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFD6CWcDEI&feature=player_profilepage

2011 Spring Hunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acpW1cosSfk

Closeup Demo Of Call
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cMl2ZD1As
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A Local business was looking for office help. They put a sign in the window saying: "HELP WANTED must be a good typist and be good with a computer. Successful applicant must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. "

A short time later a lovely golden retriever dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it, whined and pawed the air. The receptionist called the office manager. He was surprised, to say the least, to see a canine applicant. However, the dog looked determined, so he led him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on a chair and stared at the manager expectantly. The manager said, "I can't hire you.
    The sign says you must be able to type."

The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to quickly type a perfect business letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager, gave it to him, then jumped back up on the chair.

The manager was stunned, but told the dog, "That was fantastic, but I'm sorry. The sign clearly says that whoever I hire has to be good with a computer." The dog jumped down again, went to the computer and proceeded to demonstrate his expertise with various programs, produced a sample spreadsheet and database, then presented them to the manager.

The manager was dumbfounded! He said to the dog, "Hey, I realize that you are a very intelligent applicant and have fantastic talent, but you're a dog -- no way could I hire you." The dog jumped down and went to the sign in the window and pointed his paw at the words, "Equal Opportunity Employer." The exasperated manager said, "Yes, I know what the darned sign says. But the sign also says you have to be bilingual."

The dog looked him straight in the eye and said, "Meow."

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Computor has been Locking Up;or what you may call Freezing.Each and every time this happens I have to Boot it which takes 5 minutes or more.Any Ideas as to what can lead to these problems would be appreciated.

It may not happen for a couple days and then it may happen 2 or 3 times within a half hour.

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.

Edited by - s.gun on 12/06/2002 21:09:50
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Computor has been locking up or you may call it freezing.It may do it 2 or 3 times in a half hour,or it may run all day and not do it at all.It takes 5 minutes or more each time to Boot it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The insurance firm put a sign in the window saying "HELP WANTED" You must be a good typist and have good computer skills. Successful applicant must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer."

A short time later a lovely GOLDEN RETRIEVER dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it, whined and pawed the air.

The receptionist called the office manager. He was surprised to say the least to see a canine applicant. However, the dog looked determined so he led him into the ofice. Inside, the dog jumped up on a chair and stared at the manager expectantly. The manager said, "I can't hire you. The sign says you must be able to type."

The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to quickly type a perfect business letter. He took out the page with his mouth and trotted over to the manager, gave it to him, then jumped back up on the chair wagging his tail.

The manager was stunned, but told the dog, "That was fantastic, but I'm sorry. The sign clearly says that whomever I hire must have computer skills."

The dog jumped down again, went to the computer and proceeded to demonstrate his expertise with various programs. He produced a sample Excel spreadsheet, a sample Power Point presentation, retouched a picture with Photo shop, and then printed all of them for the manager.

The manager was dumbfounded. He said to the dog, "Listen, I realize that you are a very intelligent applicant and have fantastic talent, but you're a dog! There's no way I can hire you!"

The dog jumped down and went to the sign in the window and pointed his paw at the words, "Equal Opportunity Employer."

The exasperated manager said, "Yes, I know what the sign says. But the sign also says you have to be bilingual."

The dog looked him straight in the eye and said....................."Meow."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ive never been much of a praying man, but i guess its time to start & any help would be much appreciated.
    my younger brother(age 52) was diagnosed yesterday with squamus cell cancer in his throat.
    from what ive found so far from the am. cancer society on the i-net
    this is a curable type disease but since his is in stage 4 it is considerably more serious.
    i love this guy & all your prayers will be appreciated. (LARGE tears)
    this is also a reminder of the dangers of smoking. my brother has been "rolling his own" for 35 years
    thanks guys
    barto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got Me a NEW CANNON REBEL TO 3 with Zoom Lens and AUTO focus,
    To Me its like geting into cock-pit, I am lost and I want to learn so that I can post about about 100 Guns. I need to learn it ALL SET-UP take GOOD pitcures then post an Auction.
    I know that it is hard for an old DOG to learn, But I want to.
    I live in WOOD COUNTY WV. if any one can Help or send Help!!
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    barto, you got it...Your brother will be remembered in our prayers at my house....

http://www.tmorg-forums.com/
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got it Barto. I hope they caught it in time.

PC=BS
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Barto

Support and positive attitudes go a long way in this type situation. Hope all goes well for your Brother and Prayers are on-route.

Lt

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto...Your brother and his whole family are in our prayers. Keep us updated.
    God bless you.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    My thoughts go out to you and your Brother.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto, it's not in the asking prayers, it's in the thanking prayers...a leap of faith....BELIEVE IT IS DONE...In Jesus Name....Thankyou for healing my brother, Amen.

keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll add him to my list. My stepfather was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. no problem to pray for two instead of just one, Hope all goes well, and stay positive.

When in doubt...empty the magazine!!
  • Options
    mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Prayers are with you and the rest of your (his) family. I just lost my cousin last month to melanoma (skin cancer), and he didn't know he had it until about 4 months before his death. I really hope they caught your brothers in time. God Bless and good luck.

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA, and proud owner of a pair of S&W revolvers.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto ,With all the prayers that have been said for me.Be honerd to say for you and your brother.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    barto,

The promises of God are precious and give hope to all manmkind, they are the answer to what we long for all the days of lives.

We live our entire lives knowing that, the day is coming when we will face the last enemy on the earth, "death".

Sadly, it's only then that we seek him, and some never have a chance to consider his open promise of life; but he is faithful.

This verse, his word gives much promise and hope to whosoever will consider thess words:

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all HIS benefits. Who forgives thine sin, and healeth ALL thy diseases."

Psalm 103:2-3

Will remember your brother, in our prayers.

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will keep a good thought and wish you both well!
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Barto, he and your family will be remembered in my prayers.
    Cancer has reared it's ugly head in my family taking my mother, wife and favorite little dog.

It can be beaten! My new wife will be cancer free for five years on Flag Day this June 14th. She was operated on for breast cancer and it has not come back.

God is good!

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Remember:
    A Positive Attitude Goes A Very Long Way.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,666 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto, count me in....

My wife has now been cancer free for two years....I understand the emotions you are feeling....God bless you and your family.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our prayers are with you......Mrs Rembrandt went thru Cancer surgery nearly 6 years ago....all is well so far.
  • Options
    gjgj Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just sent: gj.

www.moaammo.com moa@reloader.net
  • Options
    rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cancer sucks. In my 4th year of remission. Struck me at an early age and was really rough on my family. Positive attude is very important. Prayers go out to your brother Barto.
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done Deal Barto!

Good Luck and best wishes to your brother and to all of your family in this time of need.

Take Care Bud
    Mopar
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much at praying Barto but I sure wish him luck. Rosie
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barto,

My prayers are with you, your brother in time of need, and your entire family. Stay strong and positive.

Rick

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze