In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody own a Keltec? Bought one!

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I wanted something smaller for carry purposes, I ended up buying a Keltec P11 9mm. I had them install the belt clip on the side. It slips right into your waist line and clips on nicely. The gun only weighs 14 ounces and is very small! It is much easier to conceal then my Ruger p95, which I happen to like very much!

He had a couple of the 40 cals in stock, Guess they are discontinued, but I want Ma to be able to use this gun so I opted to go with the 9mm. I paid $259.00 for it and I ended up getting the magazine extension.

Those of you that have one how do you like it?

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Got one laying on my desk here, great little 9mm. ya can get the high cap mags for it also 30.00 each, probably put 500 rds through this one and never a problem,, traded it to a friend last year and just got it back in another trade.. ya wont be sorry...

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be a nice little piece. I have shot a buddies quite often and do like it. Quite a difference in weight and size vs the P95. Good choice on the 9mm for shooting the .40 cal Kel-Tec is is like getting smacked in the hand by a high speed pitch on every shot.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Classic? The slide release button is a little stiff! Do you always have to pull back on the slide a little to get the release button to activate?

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yeppers mine is the same, have to pull it back about 1/8th inch, the spring in it is pretty strong and forces the slide against the stop pretty hard.

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    Ok thanks!!! I checked with Dave down at the shop he has the high capacity mags in stock, guess ill have to pick one up!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    I have the .9 and the .380. Nice carry pieces.
  • borderguyborderguy Member Posts: 387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great little Gun!!!

I got my wife a P-11 for Valentine's Day...

Nothing says "I Love You" like a Firearm!!!!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pa,

Supposedly that Keltec 9 will use S&W 6906 hicap mags interchangeably. I don't own one but the S&W mag locked into one we had a the shop.

Regards,
    190191.gif
    edited November -1
    I polished the release catch with some sandpaper and that helped some, Ill keep working it till it's right!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bought a used P11 Saturday and am anxious to get the belt clip and Beretta like magazine extension. The tritium sights which the past owner loved are burned out. The Keltec service is supposed to be great so an email went out, hoping for a freebe replacement.
    Look up KTOG.Org. I printed it all out because there's an awful lot of reading to do on these guns. It looks like we bought the right gun.
    The owners' group critiques all the Keltecs.
    I've also got a deposit on a 380 small frame that I can't pick up till
    March. It'll also get the same accessories.
    If I can shoot these things I'll probably sell my Glock and HiPower.
    Look up Cheaper than dirt. They have magazines and some other good stuff including a 40 cal conversion unit (on backorder).
    That last poster claiming shooting the 40 is like catching a hard drive without a glove is giving me second thoughts on the 40.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one a few years ago and had no complaints as far as performance and reliability. I didn't care for the long heavy trigger, but it is my understanding that the newer models have a slightly lighter pull. I suppose I shot mine over 300 rounds before trading it and never had a single malfunction. Mine had the discontinued stainless slide. Overall it is probably the best auto in that price range and the only thing comparable in size is a Kahr and they are 2 1/2 times the price...and worth it. I recommended the Kel-tec to a friend who was wanting a small relatively inexpensive auto and he likes his. I think they are consistently reliable.
    edited November -1
    Dave had a couple of 40's left but I chose not to go with that because of the recoil! He did tell me I could get the conversion! Seems they quit making the 40's due to jamming! Im told it was not a problem with the gun but it was due to the shooters limp wristing it!

He also had some stainless models, but I also bought a shotgun so money was tite, and the stainless models are more!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• 74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have the p32 and really like it. Next is the 380.... same size as the P32.

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Wish the trigger guard was a little bigger. Can't get my finger in there without depressing the trigger some. Then too the one I tried had about a 50lb trigger pull.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keltec just replied to yesterdays' E-mail on the burned out Tritium sights.
    They said they have a lifetime warranty. I have just to mail them the slide for a freebe replacement.
    This is a used gun that cost me $170. So far it looks like one of my better deals.
    That generous warranty policy has to help them sell guns.
    Can't wait till that Roanoke dealer returns to the Richmond gun show in March with my Keltek 380.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have 2 p-11, 1-p-40, and a 32 acp. These are good guns. I would pick up the 40 S&W pistols your man has. There is getting to be a lot of interest in these now that the quit making them. I picked up a Chrome one on a close out. I carry the p-40 in my pocket all the time. I bought one of the 40 conversion kits when they first started making them. I am surprised that there are still any of the conversions still available. The one problem with the conversion is the magazine. They want you to use the 9mm magazine and they don't feed reliably. The factory 40 mags are getting hard to find. I would probably buy a p-40 and order the 9mm slide and parts if I wanted both calibers. The 40 is not that bad to shoot if you stay away from bullets heavier than 165 gr.