In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

retirement

CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
well today is my last day of work. as of tomorrow i will be officialy retired. i will miss you all, as i am not on the internet at home. i wish you all the best of luck, happy hunting and happy shooting. have fun and stay safe.
CARL

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just realized I have just spent 4hrs. of my day talking to you good people.Shower and shave time, run some errands.go eat a 1:00pm breakfast and them road hunt the back roads for wild asparagus.Then by the bait shop for wax worms,go blugill fishin.With any luck good supper tonight.Yall have a goodin.From Bluegill aka Rootpass or the ol retired boilermaker.Im gone!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How much does a couple need for monthly income in current dollars for retirement? Not how much do I need in a 401k but monthly income in current dollars and not future dollars? Personally I think 401k's are partly a scam by Wallstreet and Washington but what is a good monthly income?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    54 in Oct Not likely- Well that was my Idea at 30.[:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just put in for retirement
    as the doc suggested. I hope
    I've made the right decision.

I guess I maybe have because the last
    couple yrs I looked for any excuse
    not to go to work, prolly a lot
    of my health issues are related
    to the people I worked for,
    ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my first check from my state retirement today!Next month the retirement check from 27 years of volunteer fire department service will start .Life is good
  • Options
    edited November -1
    young chap in late 20s early 30s , married 2 kids, is a farm co-op branch manager asked me about what to do...company has a 401k in house and he may inherit some farm ground with others...i told him to get out and stay out of debt...i put mine in land and sold some at a good profit ....but never played with stocks and such..what advice would some of you give that i could pass along...thanx
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Carl! They started selling them there confusers downtown that work in your own home.

I am living proof that just about anybody can get online.

You're not going to be happy not knowing the next episode of
    "As G.B. Turns".

We're not going to be happy without you posting.

Un pinch some of those pennies and get connected.

wundudnee

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

To the stars through difficulties
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Carl,

You need to get a new computer, cause sure enough, you'll be watching soaps with your wife all day, and that does get old, in a hurry.

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Carl, as you join me in retirement, you will find the computer more useful than ever.

We would all miss you.........

If you get a chance email me please.

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    oldfriendsoldfriends Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is pretty interesting. Today is my last day in the army. Tomorrow, I will be a retiree. Spent 33 years 4 months and 3 days total service. Enjoyed most of it. Now is the wrong time to be leaving with world events being what they are but all things pass.

Life is Tough!It's Tougher if You're Stupid
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Oldfriends, congratulations on your service career and retirement from same. Don't know how you did it. I was in the Military Police for four years and received great training, which allowed me to pursue my cilivian police career.

I could not wait to get out though, lol. You know, home to the guys and gals you graduated with and hang out at the beach and bars. O, where has my youth gone, hehe.

Anyway, now you can spend more time here in the looney bin known as the General Discussion board.

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I have an idea, if we each send him a buck ill bet he would get enough
    to buy a new puter. If money is tight for him I think it is the right thing to do? Pabooger
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    CAndres- Congrats! I'll be happy to be reach retirement! We're gonna work on this "confusor" thing!!

Oldfriends- Thanks much for your service, the world is a better place for vets like you, belive or not. I just hope my generation can do the same.

The highest regards to both of you gentlemen-
    Matt

Edited by - Matt45 on 09/01/2002 10:09:01
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I retired 2 1/2 years ago and I have found the computer to be a lot more useful that a telephone. While I am on the internet, I don't have to listen to all the computer sales calls. Retirement is great. I now have plenty of time to reload and shoot.