In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cheap bulk ammo

bluecollarbluecollar Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had a favorite place on the net to buy bulk ammo for a .308 or 7.62x39. I noticed S.O.G had some good prices, was wanting to know if anyone else had a gem we havnt heard of yet. Thanks

"We must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of fear we must fear most...and that is the indifference of good men"

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Midway has 7.62x39 500rds for 39.00 I'm going to try them out and see what the shipping will be.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cheaperthandirt.com

"Never argue with an idiot.... They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

"I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem."

Ryan
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Try http://www.centerfiresystems.com and if you are a dealer, mention that to them. They will give you a break on price if they have your FFL or C&R on file.

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    centerfiresystems it the best place right now. Until Feb. 13th, they have wolf 223, 1000 rounds for about 100 bucks, including shipping.

I just got 384 rounds of M2 30-06 for about 75 bucks, including shipping. It's Korean and the primers are corrosive, but it came with an ammo can, and the rounds are in bandoliers, rounds loaded in en bloc clips.

I clean my rifle after shooting it anyway, so the corrosive primers are a moot point.

Do the math on the 30-06 ammo. The ammo can is worth maybe 5-10 bucks. The en bloc clips worth about 25 bucks, making the actual ammo very cheap.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy from http://www.outdoormarksman.com but they hit most of the gun shows around here so I buy at the show. I figured $79 was a good price for 1000 rounds of 9mm. I've shot almost all the way through my first thousand from them and havent had one single problem.

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • Jackass420Jackass420 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sportsmansguide.com is also a good place to order from.
  • BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.ammunitionstore.com They have some good prices.
    BE SAFE!! Buffler
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I buy from Widener's and Midway. I usually try to buy mine at gunshows to save on the shipping cost. I can often find some of the bigger ammo dealers at big shows selling ammo for the same prices as they do on the net.