In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TAURUS vs BERETTA

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
whats the range report on the Taurus 92 is it as good as a Beretta? I have not heard too much bad about either one...

Comments

• Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the TAURUS .40 have the same accuracy, reliability, and quality as a Beretta 96fs? Im talking about the TAURAS which looks almost the same as a Beretta.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with William...for a little more money you can get the Beretta which I believe is a far superior quality firearm than the Taurus. I work in a retail gun shop and we send more Taurus firearms back for repair than all other makes combined! Taurus has come a long way over the years, but they are not equal to Smiths and Berettas.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    berreta......much more superior than the taurus in all departments!

lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal! Remember 0% of firearms pull there own trigger!
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    However, with the three position safety you can carry the Taurus PT series "cocked and locked" like a real gun: the 1911!

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two of the guys in my class qualified with Taurus 9mm's (the Beretta clones) and one guy qualified with a Beretta 9mm, I wasn't really paying close attention to them, but they qualified with them, so they must have been accurate and reliable enough to do that. A couple of people started out with other guns at the beginning of class one of these people had a beretta, and they all transitioned to the glock 22. Aparently it was the class favorite.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have a Taurus 101 and a 99. I improved the accuracy of both by putting Beretta barrels in them. I also own Beretta a 92 and a 96. I like being able to carry the Taurus pistols cocked and locked. I also like the adjustable sights on the Taurus pistols. I believed that the Beretta guns are better made, but the Taurus is a better design.