In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Broke down and ordered a new truck

shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ordered a 2004 4x4 1500 Ram w/hemi with a lot of bells and jewelery.

Ordered the "American Thunder" exhaust from Flowmaster.

Talked with ati Procharger about making a 14lb boost supercharger for her.

Should show up on Wed morning from Hickory, NC.

Comments

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Well congratulations!![^]

Somethin' about them RAM's,ain't it.[:p][:p]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    I test drove one just like the one your getting...Can you say WOW! Going 20 mph I stomped the accelerator and it lit the tires up, it has more giddy up and go than any other truck I've driven.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well done -- especially with the Flowmaster. I've heard great things about them.

Frog
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Cool. Had a blower on my last pickup. Man I miss that thing.[}:)][V] You'll need the 4x4 in the rain, and in the winter when the roads are salted. Otherwise it is worthless.[:p] 4 wheel powerslides are a blast too. Let me know if ya need some driving instructions.[:D]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Son, can you say hemi? [:)]

Congratulations!! [^]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good choice, i've always driven Chevys but ive been thinking my next truck will be a RAM, let us know how it turns out.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a 90 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with well over 100,000 on it, also a wheezie smoking engine(360). Do you think it would perk up if I lift the hood and whispered the "Hemi" word to her.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that. Its not the Dodge thing, its the new thing. Buying used makes so much more 'cents' to me, but hey, its nice to do if you have the money, I guess, never had the money to buy something that expensive. Yes, I'm frugal. See my picture in the dictionary next to the phrase 'cheap ba$t@rd'.[;)]

"Never argue with an idiot.... They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

"I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem."

Ryan
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bsally
    .....4 wheel powerslides are a blast too......

At least until you rip out the power transfer case [:D]

aliens.jpg
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooter4

Ordered a 2004 4x4 1500 Ram w/hemi...

I understand that this is now the official truck of the Gay Olympics. Will it ever be available in a color other than pink? I don't much care for the faux zebra skin upolstery, either, but heck, with a half-ton Dodge pickup, well, it all seems to fit somehow. I understand that 9 out of 10 owners of this truck all say the same thing: Melissa Etheridge speaks to my soul.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DWS seems you got the inside track on all that, makes me wonder about you?

psalms 16
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by old06
    DWS seems you got the inside track on all that, makes wonder about you?

I heard about it at the CO-OP today from two he-men buying flannel jammies with feet.
    edited November -1
    You were looking too from the sound of it. You best stick to Wal Mart. Dont forget to park the 58 Corvett FI in the back of the parking lot

psalms 16
    edited November -1
    old06: They also said you were having yet another * reconstruction surgery. Good luck with that.
    edited November -1
    Now you dont have to tell everyone what ya'll talk about up there at the old horse farm in North Idaho. But from what you just said you have a queer eye for the straight guy.

psalms 16
    edited November -1
    Whatever you say, Stretch.
    edited November -1
    You go girl

psalms 16
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I took a stripped virgin MightyMax to 125K in ten years...
    Then sprang for a loaded Ranger (2.3L). WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
    (Even though the 'Max was lighter with more power, and could carry 800# more)

Next, extended cab automatic V6 Ranger. Another few years.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Did'nt ya know Ol Sheepy farms free range gerbils.[:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A supercharger on that thing would be sweet. Is the American Thunder exhaust just a catback? With a supercharger and bigger mandrel bent pipes from the engine all the way back would probably get you on the heels of the 2004 and earlier Ford Lightnings..

The 2005 lightning is going to need to be able to compete with the SRT-10, so thats a whole 'nother story.. [:D][:p][:p][:p][:p][:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    How many recalls has the New Dodge Truck had since '96? I still don't trust them yet. I'll have my 77 1 ton Chevy 4x4 crew cab aka The Beast until I'm dead. It ain't fast, but it'll pull a house down.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck on the new truck. Hope ya get one with a decent tranny.

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    quote:How many recalls has the New Dodge Truck had since '96?

I had a 1989 D150 Short bed with a 3.9 V6 auto, step bumber, radio (a luxery to me), big chrome swing out mirrors...

Dealer "demo"; supposedly the owner only used it to commute to his farm in MD, never registered, and had 2200 miles on it. Got it for $8900.

Beautiful addition to the material side of my life, until it wrapped itself around a tree stump @ 45m.p.h.

Insurance paid $8700, even after I put 10,000 miles on it.

Darn, that was a good truck![V][:(]
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but that was a pre 96 model. I like the old Dodge trucks. Especially like the straight six in a 3/4 ton. The power wagon 4x4's were some pretty tough trucks.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I got a 98 Dakota now, 62,000 miles on it. Only problems are the brakes suck; had to change the rotors twice and the drums once. And the front ends are a problem too. Changed the lower ball joints at 22,000 (warranty) they put in new ones with grease fittings, the old ones didn't have any. Just changed the idler arm for the second time and changed the O2 sensors a couple of months ago.

Other than that, the Dakota doesn't owe me anything.

Around here you are lucky to get $3000 off sticker so I ordered the Ram from a dealer in Hickory NC. Got 6100 off sticker. Only $200 for a flatbed delivery to my door and its not mine until I check it out and sign the papers. Supposed to be here Wednesday morning.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Then, are we going shooting? [:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Real soon Charlie, I'll let you know.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robsguns
    Sorry to hear that. Its not the Dodge thing, its the new thing. Buying used makes so much more 'cents' to me, but hey, its nice to do if you have the money, I guess, never had the money to buy something that expensive. Yes, I'm frugal. See my picture in the dictionary next to the phrase 'cheap ba$t@rd'.[;)]

I gotta agree. But good for you anyway (especially with that Flowmaster)

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bigdaddy, I have a 99 3/4 with a straight six. But the flowmasters are kinda noisy aren't they... I like real real quiet, Just ask Tools
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are going to love the flowmasters. they rock!!! i have the 40s on the stang. there is no better sound as you are leaving town!!!

that procharger, is it going to void the warenty???

are you going to get the new intake, the underdrive pullys,and the new chip to go w/ it??????[:D]

Warroad.gif
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    bigdaddy, I have a 99 3/4 with a straight six. But the flowmasters are kinda noisy aren't they... I like real real quiet, Just ask Tools

Huh? A '99 Dodge pickup with a "straight six?" The only "straight six" in today's Dodge pickups is the Cummins diesel. And the last gasoline-powered "straight six" in Dodge pickups was in the late seventies or very early eighties when they discontinued the 225-inch slant six.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I was wondering.. Does it come with a Gunrack or is that optional?

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Lowrider,
    I was thinkin' the same thing.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    [}:)]Broke down and ordered a new truck[}:)]
    [:D]Did you ordwer me one while you were at it?[:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    The supercharger does void the warranty so I'll break it in first. Anyway, procharger is working on it and it won't be available until spring. 345hp stock, gonna make around 525hp with the procharger [}:)]
    Should run pretty good with the 3.92 posi and the big 21 inch wheels launching in 4wheel drive.

The procharger comes with its own airflow box, intercooler, pulleys and chip. I will have it on the dyno when we do it to maximize the chip, only problem right now is finding someone that can burn the Chrysler chip. We only have a Ford guy around here.

The gunrack is an option at Dick's Sporting Goods [:D]

Sorry Danny, only one to a customer [:D]