In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Have an Interview with the NSA

trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well,
After filling paper after paper for the NSA I heard back from them. I have an interview at my home today and I have to go for some tests a couple of weeks down the road, something like a 500question mental test to make sure im sane and a polygraph to make sure I wont share any "secrets". While I will probably be someone's coffe * I can get a top secret clearence and get payed a nice bit, plus I miss school. Ill keep you updated.

sniper.gif
koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry

Comments

• robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Trooper, let us know what happens with that. I'm still wrestling with what to do with my life but one of the options I still am leaving open is to try to get a job at the NSA in either computer security or cryptography.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robo...sorry dude. But if they ever find some of your posts on here, you're out! They will never look twice.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    No Such Agency? Be Prepared [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might need a few degrees for that Roboman.

He Dog
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have an aquaintance who's company does contract work for No Such Agency - be prepared to make a significant personal/time investment - they demand a lot from their employees - but from what I've seen, you probably end up working with a lot of highly intelligent and capable people.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Might need a few degrees for that Roboman.

He Dog

That's why I'm at Utica College of Syracuse University majoring in Criminal Justice --- Economic Crime Investigation with a concentration in Computer Security. [:D] There's at least one degree right there [;)].

signew.JPG

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roboman
    That's why I'm at Utica College of Syracuse University majoring in Criminal Justice --- Economic Crime Investigation with a concentration in Computer Security. [:D] There's at least one degree right there [;)].

blah blah blah blah yada yada yada, you just want easy access to automatic weapons cuz your obsessed with dangerous military style weaponry, you sadistic psycho ! [:D] j/k

Just had to bring it up after remembering the post about your liking of military weapons and some people getting huffy puffy about it.. stupid liberals.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well,
    That went well! Will be hearing back from him in a few days i suppose. He was not actually an employee of the NSA but was a contracter. Suprised me but he cased teh neighborhood and asked a few of my neighbors 'bout me. Nice guy...Hope I get the job.
    Robo, Good luck. Fort Meade, where the NSA is located is a nice area.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no NSA!!![8D][8D](but I had a few at HOLIBIRD with me)[:(][:(]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Trooper, let us know what happens with that. I'm still wrestling with what to do with my life but one of the options I still am leaving open is to try to get a job at the NSA in either computer security or cryptography.

sweat.giflol.giflaugh2.gif

Aw christ...thanks, Robo. I needed that. Hoo boy...

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bullzeye

sweat.giflol.giflaugh2.gif

Aw christ...thanks, Robo. I needed that. Hoo boy...

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Mind if I ask what's so funny?

signew.JPG

• IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    A friend of a good friend, that I have known now for about 6yrs is a NSA'r attached to DOD. He is not allowed to talk about his job in any form or fashion & reports directly to NSA in DC.
    As a matter of fact the only way to get a hold of him is on his cell phone, or at home.
    He drives a goverment car with regular plates, carries a 1911a1, and a ID card that is only shown to those having a "Need to know".
    About 2 yrs ago he was pulled over for speeding in a rural area. The cop saw the 1911 & wanted to know if he had a permit and asked who he worked for. Of course he could not say.
    After running the license plate that came back as "US Goverment" and nothing more.
    To make a long story short they took him into custody. He made his one phone call and the FBI got him out in about 30 minutes.
    To this day the rural cop doesn't bother him at all, and this guy drives like a speedster & waves at the cop as he goes by.
    I do know that his salary is in the upper 80's possibly in the 90's, and has been with them since around 1974.
    I would say that he has one of the better jobs around, even if I dont know what he does.
    Walte
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I currently hold an NSA TS/SCI Clearance.

Don't skip ANYTHING on the forms, they will find out.

If you are a good boy, don't worry.
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm...I'm reading this thread and thinking...."COMSEC, COMSEC, COMSEC". [:0]
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had the TS/Crypto clearance long ago. (Army Security Agency)
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my aunt used to work for them out of Atlanta. But then, that is all I know...

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I am worried about the Polygraph. Not that i ever did anything wrong but I am really hoping its not any wierd * ones. Ive heard stories... Plus, when im under the gun I usually get a bit nervous and my heart rate goes up anyways... this going to matter? Just how does polygraph test work?

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SkyWatcher

...but from what I've seen, you probably end up working with a lot of highly intelligent and capable people.

Absolutely. Their part in thwarting the 9/11 attacks, their exhaustive intelligence confirming WMD in Iraq and their swift capture of Osama Bin Laden all attest to this.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Between DWS and Bullzeye....I'm about to wet myself....

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only alphabet soup I like to deal with comes in a can.[8D]

Good Job Trooper. My Condolences on being a potential G-man.J/K[;)] With your spirit you be great.[:D] I think most here think well of you, and wish you the best.

And for the unenlightened I think one person in this thread[;)] is trying to point out to another[;)][;)] that alignment with a terrorist group, even as a joke[;)][;)][;)]will keep you out of any Govt job. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance, The five P's of the infantry! Stupid in the past is disappointed in the future.

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!
  • rcdisrcdis Member Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a polygraph doesn't work that is the prob. The polygraph just monitors various body functions, heart rate , breathing etc.

rcdis
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kuhlewulf
    The only alphabet soup I like to deal with comes in a can.[8D]

Good Job Trooper. My Condolences on being a potential G-man.J/K[;)] With your spirit you be great.[:D] I think most here think well of you, and wish you the best.

And for the unenlightened I think one person in this thread[;)] is trying to point out to another[;)][;)] that alignment with a terrorist group, even as a joke[;)][;)][;)]will keep you out of any Govt job. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance, The five P's of the infantry! Stupid in the past is disappointed in the future.

James

Well phooey, that just about sucks.

signew.JPG

• plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Trooper

My advice is stop talking about this and stop posting about this.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Exactly. COMSEC, COMSEC, COMSEC. If I were a terrorist, I'd already have your IP address, where you lived, probably what job you were after, and with a little searching of your posts, a lot more info!
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I am a contractor for a company that does work for the DOD at times.
    I am in the Network/Computer security field.

To get a clearance you need to be assigned to a specific job for the DOD and to you can't let a year go by without working on a project or else your clearance expires and you have to go for another poly and investigation.

Having a clearance in and of itself is no big deal but you cannot discuss or write anything about the work you do with anyone not directly involved in the job.

As far as the poly, there are 2 types depending on the sensitivity of the work you will do. The basic one is just that, basic. Just relax and answer the questions. They also have a lifestyle poly that is much more involved.

The DOD will interview people in your neighborhood, maybe your friends and maybe your family.

Night Stalker,

I don't remember is its an SSBI and my PR was around 3 years ago.