In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Long?????

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
If you ordered a simple part for one of your guns, how long would you expect to wait for that part?
The part would not be Aftermarket, but from the manufacturer. what would you consider an acceptable amount of time?

eagle.gif
"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    usually places give you a time frame, I prefer under two weeks, but the more unique the part the longer I would expect the wait to be. That doesn't mean I can't be impatient though.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Here are the facts of the whole thing.

Broke a part, that is very simple to replace, called the company, asking for the part (for which I told them I would pay) for and to also send me a breakdown on the parts of the pistol. Well after a couple weeks I get the schematic, no part, no explanation , no nothing about the status of the part, I call the company and get the "I dont know when the part will come in, you will just have to wait." so I wait another month, call the company, inquiring about my part, the person on the phone gets a bit snotty, saying "I already told you we dont know when the part will come in. so I tell them would they please be kind enough to keep me informed. was told we will let you know when and if the part comes in. Well another month has gone by, and still no part and its been 13 weeks.

Do ya wanna know what company this is????

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Call S&W. They are making the parts for everyone anyway. Atleast they could tell you when the next production run for that maker will be.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    I was informed the part is coming from outside the USA. so I imagine it will have to be hand made, given to Juan Veldez, pack muled over the mountains, sorted from the coffee beans, and shipped out on a rowboat, only to be pick up by homeland security , and confiscated as a mass killing devise.

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    If you have the schematic why not have it[the part] made at S&W or a local machine shop?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hay Classic, the place your getting your parts from dosnt happen to be owned by the same people who had your bike do they?[:D]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
    edited November -1
    I only wish it were the same company. at least they are close enough for me to camp out on their doorstep..And to harrass them everyday till they come through with what they say..[}:)][:p]

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cripe, if you have the old part, it can be made at any machine shop, probably better with stainless ect. Heat treated if needed.
    edited November -1
    I tried to tell him that. I have parts made a lot cheaper than I can buy them. Mr.Wizard and his mountain elves do bang up work, but you have to have a picture of it and the gun it goes in so they can fit it properly.

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    Do ya wanna know what company this is????

You bet I do! I want to make sure I don't buy from them![:(!]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    Yeah Classic give them up man!

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    what company are you dealing with?

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It probably has to do with "just in time" parts inventory, they do not make the part until they gear up to manufacture the item,
    I deal with the Chinese about replacement parts every day, if they are not in production on the machine at the time you order a part you are out of luck until they gear up to build them again.
    If you are lucky somebody "screwed up" and made to many of the part you need, even then it is a long trip across the pond.
    [V]
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    the only reason I am waiting for their part is that the weapon has a lifetime warranty on all parts, I could send it to them, but that means they would have had it this long.

If I replace the part with another manufacturers part it will void the warrenty, and they already told me the part would cost nothing and being as I do gunsmith work and am registered with the American gunsmiths the warranty will be applied.

The name of this company is
    . TAURUS

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    whats the gun model and the part number.i know a few gunsmiths that might just have 1 laying around

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    This is one of their newer guns, even Numrich dont have any parts for it. TAURUS RAGING HORNET .22 hornet

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    Pretty strong revolver seems like. I've shot a couple recently. What could have broke on so new a revolver?

edited November -1
    The cylinder stop, it wasnt the guns fault, it was mine.. but thats no reason to take over three months to get that little part..

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    As blatant as Tarus is about copying other designs I doubt that the part is a patented seperate part of the gun. I can't see how they could void a warranty if a 'common' part were replaced. I doubt they could even tell the difference should you need to send the gun in at a later date. Ofcourse the way things work as soon as you did the new part would come in the mail anyway.What a pain.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After 13 weeks, a reputable company would take the part out of a revolver in their own inventory and ship it to you with a thousand apologies!
    Arrivederci gigi
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Go Get Them Big C.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I've seen a gun like that.. Ha Ha
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'd consider 3 weeks to be okay, after that is a bit silly.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Why not have a part made so you can use the gun until their part arrives next year or so. What a load of crap. It is ridiculous to have someone wait that long for such a simple part.

• dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I agree with BDJ. Have one made and when the factory part comes swap them out.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    2 weeks if the part is in the CONUS, 30 days if outside CONUS, should be long enough!
    I have alot of room to talk, having one of my piecies re-blued. Its been completed now for for over 2 weeks & has not shipped yet. No answer to e-mails.
    And this is one of the better known and bigger C3 mfg's.
    What a pain in the ...
    Walte