In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Warning

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I finally got to use this line today.

I stopped a lady for speeding, 18 over the limit. She said she just got a speeding ticket yesterday, and couldn't I please give her a warning.

I was already writing. I said, "Yes, I will give you a warning: You were driving 18 mph over the limit. If I catch you doing it again, I will give you another ticket."

She didn't get it at first, and then it sunk in. She said I was being mean. I said it was my feeble attempt at humor to lighten the mood. She said she is going to have to slow down.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    18 over is too much to be nice about and give a warning. I don't see why folks speed. If you leave a minute or two earlier wouldn't you get there on time anyway? And if you are a minute or two late what's the big deal.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    I have a 35 mile drive to and from work. I take several major highways. If I go the posted 65 miles an hour posted on I-95 I get passed like I'm standing still and have to deal with people riding an inch from my back bumper trying to get me to speed up. NOBODY goes 65mph. I go about 75 and still get passed like I'm standing still. Sometimes it's too dangerous not to go with the flow of traffic. - Toe
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'd think she'd have learned her lesson the day before. You should have locked her up. We don't need menaces like that on the road.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it was funny!

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah,the old habitual offender.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should have tied to a 4X4 post and took a bull whip to her.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I prefer to try and be right in the middle, speed, with someone faster in front of me, and someone my speed behind me. Not foolproof, but has worked so far.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    haha thats a good one to use

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    lmao[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    You're a hoot David...
    that dry humour,
    when you grow up you're gonna be just like rosie! [:D]
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet every one of us bends this or that law in our own way and justifies doing it somehow. Most people feel entitled to do it in a "free country." Even though that's not what "free country" means. If they get caught, some even act outraged and start calling the LEOs Nazis or whatever. At least this lady was nice about it.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • magmag Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 1am one night I was coming home from dancing with my wife and her sister. At a stop sign a Chevelle was beside me revving his motor wanting to race. Being in a 68 GTO I obliged him when the light went green. He actually turned left ! I didn't realize it until I hit second and I then let off. Just at that time a darkened police car sitting in a lot on my left illuminated me with his search light and I immediately knew I was in deep do do. I pulled into the next right about 100 ft beyond the lot, pulled over and got out with my license in hand waiting for the cop to pull up.

He took my license and looked at it for a minute and then asked " Son, can you give me a reason I should not write you a ticket?" I answered " Sir, there isn't any." He told me to slow it down and gave me my license back. Whew.

mag
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    2 in 2 days she needs a ticket.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very kind Texas State Trooper gave me a warning for 17 over. I told him I appreciated the kindness and would not speed agian while I was visiting Texas. I did not either. I had not had one the day before though, it had been 20 years since I was cited for "violation of the fuel conservency act."

He Dog
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I try to look at the economics of speeding: will the time saved justify the time wasted and cost of a ticket?

My conclusion is that it only will on a pretty long trip, and then only if you really hammer it. basically, I don't speed on a trip of 50 miles or less. When I go to L.A.(1100 miles), I hammer it.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time is money, so it all balances out in the end.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Aggggh....You guys would have to bring up that subject.
    Made my contribution yesterday 61 in a 40.
    Out in the middle of nowhere, SURPRISE!
    $280
    Luckly the wife was behind me, they caught me but not the wife, otherwise I would be paying 2 tickets.
    Walte