In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Moldy coffee?

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I happened to look under the water exit of my coffee maker and found the surface covered in mold and black slime. It's the drip type coffee maker and the location is the surface just above the tray that holds the filter. Look underneath,and if your machine is older, I'll bet it has the same nasty junk under it. That stuff could make you sick!
I'm going back to a perculator![xx(]

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever looked at your can opener?

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    Coffee oil, you need to wipe it off now and then.
    I boil my coffee in a pan.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    These drip machines don't last but a year anyway and are junk. My mom-in-law has a perculator that's 18 years old and still works fine and she makes coffee all day! *Her coffee is better too.
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might want to think about washing that thing occassionally! We have had a Braun drip coffee maker for 15 years. Finally quit last week after brewing 2 pots a day every day. Don't know how you could beat that!
  • benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont know. When I keep my coffee maker clean I seem to drink too much coffee. With te black slime it helps me keep it under control. Friends dont ask for refills either.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Hahaha...Next time you get coffee from a C-store or restaurant..go check the under side of the brew basket...Guess what, the mold makes the coffee taste better..yeah sure.
    About everone of the coffee makers we work on is in the same condition..Gross huh..
    Walte