In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rant

ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I am sitting at my computer,also watching TV and enjoying a coctail.Knock ot the front door,go answer it.Young girl there,about the same age as my daughter about 17.She was selling carpet cleaning company so she could make money for her colledge education.Do their parents know how dangerouse this is.I live a litle way out so not mant people around.I could have been a perv dragged her in and killed her.Dont their parents worry about them.I find it amazing,I have a 17 year old and she and us are raising money for colledge so know how hard it is.

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sitting at my computer,also watching TV and enjoying a coctail.Knock ot the front door,go answer it.Young girl there,about the same age as my daughter about 17.She was selling carpet cleaning company so she could make money for her colledge education.Do their parents know how dangerouse this is.I live a litle way out so not mant people around.I could have been a perv dragged her in and killed her.Dont their parents worry about them.I find it amazing,I have a 17 year old and she and us are raising money for colledge so know how hard it is.
    edited November -1
    Let me start about 3 weeks ago. There is an ederly lady that is feeding a bunch of stray cats next door to me. I planted a small garden which has became a litter box. then I caught them on top of my new jeep (just mailed first payment in new) I understand that she is ederly and the cats keeps her company. I walked over when her son was there and asked if there was something that could be done. I offered to buy a live trap and take them to a shelter, he cussed me out and told me to get the hell out of their yard. well today I caught the cat on top of my soft top using it for a scratching post. So i got my bb gun and put a round in his back in. Didn't pump it to kill just sting. about an hour later had the cops show up and ask me what was going on. I told him what happened. He informed me that was animal abuse and if it happened again i would go to jail. Guess I am going to hire a lawyer to sue for cost of paint job and new top. or to get me out of jail for killing the cats. so for long post but am reallyh ticked off
    edited November -1
    Oh well. After 5 years of owning my truck, someone finally hit it in the parking lot of Home Dep... Of course they left. Didn't notice it til I was rinsing all the salt off of it today. I'm usually parked in the far corner of any lot. My truck had no marks on it. Yesterday I parked close, because I had to pick up a couple of bags of salt and sand. Rant over.
    edited November -1
    I have been working 12's and had some auctions accumulate (with email notification regarding payment dates) and now am trying to catch up. Between GB inundating me with emails confriming bid and useless winning bid notifications and seller's who do not use the reply icon to email (losing information in the process) I have spent almost an hour cross referencing 4 auctions. The seller contact page is not PC (C+P) friendly and seller info could be included in the winning notification.

Sellers who insist on inclusion of item number but type the description in their subject line annoy the hell out of me, why don't people use their heads and provide you with an email you can print stating;
    1. Item no.
    2. Total with shipping
    3. Mailing address ?

Why can't GB provide an invoice page and a seller's tutorial that includes the things above?
    edited November -1
    My panties are in a bunch cause I'm feeling sorry for myself and no one is kissing my butt.

Rant over.
    edited November -1
    This story is the icing on the cake...

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Medical investigators could soon carry weapons as the Ohio State Medical Board considers arming some of its workers.

The board will vote on Thursday whether to allow the employees to be armed during their investigations.

Executive Director Richard Whitehouse says investigators often find themselves in threatening situations, and in the past have had to talk their way out. He says the weapons would be a precaution of last resort.

Whitehouse says investigators have encountered armed employees at clinics referred to as "pills mills," where doctors overprescribe pain killers. He says some of the sites are in "the worst places imaginable."

Other Ohio agencies arm some of their agents, including the state auditor and the attorney general.

Now the rant...
    (often find themselves in threatening situations)
    Hmmm.
    Been reading about convenient store workers finding themselves in threatening situations.
    Been reading about college students finding themselves in threatening situations.
    Been reading about Postal workers finding themselves in threatening situations.
    In fact I've been reading about nearly every group you can name finding themselves in threatening situations.
    But as far back as I can remember, I can't recall one medical investigator in the news.
    Maybe I can't see the big picture here, but what I do see is that Ohio is saying the medical investigators have more right to live than the rest of us.
    edited November -1
    There's a certain site, that I can't mention, whose true colors are showing. I wouldn't have believed that auction fees were more important than integraty, but I'was wrong.[xx(] seems that sellers are allowed to stiff the buyers and they are allowed to continue selling. I don't buy much at this site but have bought items selling in excess of $1200. I do now consider myself LUCKY and will not bid or buy any more. I half expected to have the sellers account suspended but no. I will leave neg feedback. At least the act will get written, even if no one reads it.

"The best way to change someone's mind is with a rock"
    edited November -1
    There,just wanted to see what it felt like.

Feeling better now,thank you.

And people actually buy couch space for this?
    edited November -1
    These plastic water bottles have become so cheap they fall over and what a mess. Just to cheap to use[B)][:0]
    edited November -1
    I hate house hunting! It is absolutely ridiculous! Not to mention overinflated prices and stupid sellers that think the whole world is dumber then they are.
    edited November -1
    Nothing like running over a nail and having to buy a new tire [:(!][:(!] when the one thats ruined is only 7 months old [B)][:(!][:(!]
    edited November -1
    In my line of work when one of the bosses screws up he get a coach and consoleing from the higher ups. Well, the mods have really screwed up and its about time they are talked to by admin.
    Gunbroker is in the business to make money and it takes people to make that money. To draw people to their site to spend money they have to make the site injoyable and fun. The forums are a part of this. When the mods keep pissing people off they are going to leave and take their money with them. There are many gun auction sites and many gun forums for people to use.
    When the mods lock topics for no reason at all like the association thread, it shows their childish, inmature thinking and its time for a wake up from admin.
    I have been a member here since 2001 and even though I don't post much, I do read all the topics and learn a great deal from the experts on different topics. A great number of members have moved on because of the Mods. and with them went their money and knowledge. If the Admin. wants to promote this type of childish behaveure, then I see more people leaving and taking their money to other sites which in the long run will ruin Gunbroker. Its up to admin. to rain in some of this unnecessary poofing and locking of threads.
    Rant over
    edited November -1
    The great American down fall all started with the metric system.
    Why should have the greatest nation in the world change it's standard to fit 3 world nations? Followed by new math. The dumbing of American children by 3rd world countries has made America a 3rd world nation.
    Our leaders know this and now are trying to cover their own A$$es.
    The military is under political control. Now that should really scare you, if your awake.
    I know the don't rock the boat go along people will say we're better off with no child left behind. (but then I wonder about their statis if there was no such rule.

Idiots that complain about ANY law our leaders pass and do not go out and petition for that law to be put to ballet really have no complaint. These people are the same as the political people who passed the law. Even GB'ers have been asked to sign petitions and they do not, but they keep on complaining. WHINEEEEEEEE,
    Well I'm glad thats off my mind.

OK, now it's your turn, have at me.
    edited November -1
    My first daughter was born last Tuesday the 16th. Now already the girlfriend has said things won't work out between us and I can't see my daughter. Just talked to a lawyer to get things started to get joint custody. He said I have every right to joint custody, it just may take 2 years to get to that point. Oh well at least I have a healthy beautiful daughter that I will get to see some time or another. Keep a eye out, I am going to put a few guns up for auction to make up the retainer. Just had to vent a little [:(]
    edited November -1
    In this a age of computers. When Dialing a long distance number why is the Number 1 needed.

I swear I have had it tell me both on the same number. Why can't the computer just take it out of put it in As needed.
    edited November -1
    HARD TO BELIEVE THAT REAL MENW WOULD CALL THE COPPS RATHER TAHN DUKE IT OUT OUT. jUST GOES TO SHOW HOW LOW American men habe become. I have nothing but comtempthe for American males now.
    edited November -1
    So I keep my sled moored in a slip on the water during the spring chinook season so that I don't have to deal with the boat ramp. Pull up in the truck, walk down to the boat and fishing in 5 mins. I keep everything locked up but my net is hard to secure. Went down to the boat yesterday at 0530, started to fish and realized that some ahole had stole my $100 net. nothing worse than a lazy friggin theif. Rant over, thank you.

T67
    edited November -1
    This is typical north Idaho:

Wednesday: Had appointment with guy to buy 25 tons of Timothy. Rented truck and elevator. Got to farm on time but gate locked. Wait fifteen minutes and call guy. No answer. I call back half hour later. Guy answers and says he'll arrive in a few minutes. Another half hour goes by. Call call again, no answer. I leave without hay and a multi-hundred dollar truck and elevator rental bill.

Thursday: Had 1:00pm appointment with farrier to trim hooves on three of my horses. Guy doesn't show up. Half hour past appointment time I call guy but no answer. Guy calls me back 45 minutes later. Says he came at noon (while I was in town) but nobody was around, so he left. Asked why he came at noon rather than agreed appointment time, no answer. Asked why he didn't call first to change appointment time, no answer. Asked if his mother still cut his meat for him, he hangs up. Now must wait until Monday for another farrier.

The above is the norm. Anyone offering products or services and having a sound business ethic could make a fortune here.
    edited November -1
    I have bought and sold over the internet many of times, I always take the condersation that someones eles's judging the condition my not be the same as mine, But this guy takes the cake!
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262165792
    edited November -1
    I really hate it when an author or movie director totally ignores proper firearms operations. Was just watching Man On Fire again and noticed something. Towards the end, when Denzel Washington goes back to his employer after discovering the con about the ransom, he drops the mag from his Glock, removes the bullet from the chamber and lays the gun on a table. Then he takes out the bullet that didn't fire when he attempted suicide earlier in the picture and gives it to his employer and more or less tells hem to "man up". After a shot is heard, the next scene shows the former employer lying on the floor and the Glock on the floor next to him with the slide LOCKED BACK. Now, granted, I've never shot a Glock, but I can't remember any semi-auto I've handled that will lock the slide back with the mag removed. Sheeeesssh! Gripes me no end. I've also read books where the guy put a silencer on a revolver, or disengaged the safety on a revolver, or put on the safety on a Glock. Picky, I know, but it really tees me off.

Rant over.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot them again.. only this time with your video camera. Then take a pic of the cat in their yard. Get your estimates of damage and serve them.
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think those cats need to mysteriously disappear[;)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Cats, feral, or left to run outside the home, are a pox and need to be captured, controlled, or killed.

If you have a pet cat, keep it under your control and in your domain/yard. If it encroaches onto someone else's property and/or causes inconvenience or damage, it should be disposed of, as humanely as possibly, even if that is a slug to the head.

It is what it is.
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Live trap and take to shelter. That way you covered, they should not roam around. Cats do not hang around my house but a little while, they tend to disapper [:D]
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    animal control??????????
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get the neighborhood zoned for a Chinese take-out place. The problem will clear up, pretty quick
    edited November -1
    Damn I must be going to jail! I shoot at least 3 cats per week around my place (and I shoot to kill) with my high powered pellet gun.

I kill enuff of them that I have a special place out back away from the house to bury them.
    edited November -1
    A conibear trap baited with tunafish will fix your problem. Just do it where they can't see it.

Kill every last one of those worthless bastages. I would.

I have knocked many cats in the head for urinating on my equipment. If they were destoying my garden or my vehicle, I would eliminate EVERY LAST CAT that came in my domain. These are not "pets", they are vermin. Wanna place bets, that they are eating songbirds from neighbors birdfeeders? They do and will.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put Cayane (can't spell it) pepper all over the places that you don't want them.... You can put moth balls too, but that is stinky for yourself as well. I had a cat bedding down on top of my '67 Camaro....the dogs finally ran that one off. We had a .22 Marlin by the back door if we could ever catch it there wasn't going to be a kitty. I can't see paying thousands of dollars for a cat to make a bed.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get some live traps and put them in your yard and carry out that plan. If the woman or son comes and tries to move them call the cops and press charges.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Photograph the old woman putting food out for WILD ANIMALS and call the game Warden. Their is a hefty fine and jail time in Palm Beach County for that, just for that reason.
    Hopefully when the Fed. Wildlife Officer shows up, she'll quit doing it.
    If not, their is no ;aw that says U can't trap'em, on your property. Make sure she sees U with them in the traps.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    Damn I must be going to jail! I shoot at least 3 cats per week around my place (and I shoot to kill) with my high powered pellet gun.

I kill enuff of them that I have a special place out back away from the house to bury them.

Back up in Jersey, when i took my Hunter Safety Course, the instructors told the class to shoot/kill ant cats u see in the woods. Unless they were OBVIOUS PETS.ie. bell, collar, etc. It can't be illegal to kill feral cats..
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dead cats tell no tales. If you are going to shoot, then shoot to kill and not to wound. By the way, I happen to like cats.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trick in all of this is to get rid of them in a way that you don't start an all out WAR with your nut-job neighbor. Secretly or in a way that they don't wander back home to die.....if she ends up with a kitty grave yard you ARE going to have trouble out of them. I would call Animal Control....sprinkle tons of Cayane pepper around my car.....AND put a live trap in a VERY obvious place where they can see that you aren't playing around about the cats. I'm betting if they are forced to deal with it.....they don't love love love the cats enough to bring them IN their house.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    quote:
    .......for urinating on my equipment.

Now that's knee slappin funny, I don't care who you are or what you do fer a livin. [:D]

Glad I can entertain you, doughnut man. [:)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I live out in the bucolic, i am happy to see cats comming, Nothing better then cats for out building pest control.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano

I just knew that you had more to you than just keepin company with cows. [:D]

There is much more to me, than it ever will appear, Dano. [8)]
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm attempting to employ enough patience to permit a good friend (neighbor) to move (due to an ailing wife) before I kill his two cats. We have lots of wood all around and they have plenty of room to roam but they keep choosing to "mark" my flower beds, sit in watch on my bird feeders, sleep on top of my garage kept cars and just generally trying to piz me off.

I bought a rather hefty FPS air rifle and put a stinger on his butt recently but if my neighbor don't move and take these buzzards with him, they are going to disappear. Enough already. I've honored our friendship in spite of these worthless felines and even had to feed them numerous times when he was traveling...... (trust me that was hard to do).

I have plenty of sympathy for anyone dealing with the independence of cats and the "damage" they can inflict and I HATE CATS, but we have to be wise in our choice of how to handle something this delicate. I have to say, if he was tearing up my soft top new Jeep, he'd already been gone. Lucky for us, we have coyotes around here and stuff keeps disappearing???
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ask the cop for a suggestion about what to do?
    edited November -1
    cop suggested me calling animal control, but they will not do anything unless i trap and pen them myself. i believe these cats will be taking a ride here soon. bad thing about it i have 2 cats my self why cant other people take care of theirs like i take care of mmine