In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's the orneriest thing you did......

sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
When you were a kid?

Comments

• Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Not sure. Lets just say I found out exactly when my older brother got real feeling in his nuts. I thought "Awsome my new secret weapon!"

My brother was messing with me and wouldn't leave me alone in the back of my dads pickup on a trip one time and I took my hard plastic guitar and hit him as hard as I could right on the nose. He started bleeding all over the place and screamed like a girl and my mother opened the back sliding window and freaked out at all the blood. I was rather proud of myself until my mother got ahold of me.

One time he took all my GI Joes and buried them in my dads garden and I lost alot of them so I had to get revenge. I hate snakes by my brother REALLY hates snakes. So I went to school the next day and forced myself to grab one of the snakes that would always sun bath out back of school and brought it home. I told my brother I had a surprise in a paper lunch sack and opened it up and shoved it in his face when he went to look in. He screamed and started crying and hauled * to the bathroom and locked the door. There was a gap underneath the door so I took the snake by the tail and let it under the door. Haha it was so funny he was screaming and crying like a little girl standing on top of the toilet. Then my mother got ahold of me and beat me blue haha.

Hey he was 6 years older then me. There was other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I used to be a little poop when I was younger with lots of spirit.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tore a bunch tags off at a mattress store.

I was a rebel I tell ya.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my sister was always coming into my room and I kept telling her not to. but she did it anyways. so I got a whole bunch of needles and stuck them in the carpet so next time she walked in they'd poke in her feet. I sat there waiting. heh heh.

after a while my dad called. lunch time! oh boy! I jumped up and ran out of the room. that's as far as I got, cuz I had about 20 needles stuck in my feet.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    Tore a bunch tags off at a mattress store.

I was a rebel I tell ya.

Ihope the mattress police didn't catch you.[:D]
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Put salt water in the communion cups at church.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was five years old my parents bought me a real banjo (well used). I would set on the front porch, along with other neighborhood kids, and pick at it like I knew what I was doing. One day one of the kids was playing with it and when I asked for it back he threw it down, stomped on it, and ran home. A few days later he got a new bike for his birthday and I saw him riding it up and down the side walk. I got mom's broom and at an opportune time, I ran outside and stuck the broom through the spokes of the front wheel as he sped by. Needless to say, the bike came to a sudden stop, the kid fell off the bike and skinned himself pretty good, and the front wheel was ruined. Mom couldn't bring herself to whip me given the circumstances and somehow my dad didn't punish me either. The other parents must have felt some guilt since they didn't make a stink of it either.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember breaking a wooden toy rifle across my cousin's head when I was about 5. I can't recall now what the reasoning was and I'm not too sure it was clear at the time, either.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I would not know were to begin!

And the list would be longer than anyone on this forum would ever read!
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Nothin'.

Never did anything my Parish Priest, Grandma or the Law wouldn't approve of.

I was a saint, I tell ya.

A friggin' saint.
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Beat the crap out of a kid for passing out Nazi literature out at school. Principal made me write a 1000 word essay on the freedom of speech...which I ended with the sentence "Of course that doesn't mean you won't get your butt kicked for saying it!!!"
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Age 6 I sank my Uncles 18' speed boat. Pulled the plug and watched it go under.

Age 7 Flooded my Grandma's house working on her toilet. That was a double beating.. Grandma and parents.

Age 8 took the .22 automatic out of the gunrack with the neighbor boy and shot up at least 500 rds of ammo at junk cars. Was that fun. Dad beat me real good on that one. Never did find out what it cost to pay for all the cars we shot up. Neighbor kid had a bolt action. He couldn't shoot them as fast as I could.
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I was either 4 or 5 years old, during the summer of 1955 or 1956.

Dad was painting the house white with pink trim & would not let me help
    Mom & Dad were sleeping in late that Sunday morning, Myself I was up a 6am.

Myself, being a nice thoughtful kid had noticed that the "Red Painted" porches were always cooler on the bare feet during the hot summer.

So I took the "Pink Trim" paint and painted 2 of the neighbor's porches, to help them out, and keep their porches cooler.

Also one neighbor had a new 56 Pontiac Chieftain, I also thought I looked better with Pink stripes also.

Don't know what it cost the poor old dad, but I was never allowed around paint again.[:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Filled up pixie sticks with dirt, and sold them as new to the neighborhood. I had a bounty on my head.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I was about 4 and my buddy and I fed a bunch of geese their own eggs.

When they returned back to their nests they went nuts.

mean thing to do but we thought they'd be appreciative![:o)]
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Filled up pixie sticks with dirt, and sold them as new to the neighborhood. I had a bounty on my head.

LMAO
    It has been a long time since I spit coffee while reading a forum. Thanks!
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    As a former juvenile delinquent I have a long list.

One thing I did which was just plain mean was to dump out all the drawers of the card catalog in the school library. It took them months to put them back in order. They weren't smart enough to make me do it for punishment.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I checked out at the grocery store with 11 items in the 10 items or less express lane.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    we had a storage closet next to my sisters room well the storage closet was unfinished so me and my Buddy's drilled small holes in the walls to see into the room. then when ever her friends would come over to get ready for a date or some other thing i would get a eye full of her friends. and for the right price the neighborhood kids would to. made a lot of money that summer until she decided to change the posters on her wall and noticed the three holes that were drilled into the wall. i was 12 at the time.
  • Options
    Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buddy and I would tie a stuffed animal dog to the end of our fishing line, put the dog under a bush across the street from his garage, then lie in the garage at night with the door open just enough to get the dog under it, and then when cars would come down the street, we would pull the dog out in front of the car, and then quickly into the garage so they wouldn't reallize it was fake. Had one truck hit the gas and mow it down one night.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uncsrewed the hinges on the front screen door, using only the return spring to hold it in place. Startled my pa so bad when it fell in his face that he took a swing at it and broke the frame on one side. Got my butt beat for that.

Clouder..
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Age 9 - I blew up our basement while making black powder down there - oh, yeah...by candle light.

Doug
  • Options
    cornfed69cornfed69 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was nine I took a bb gun off of my dads gunrack while home alone. I shot my sisters 68 javelin. Not much damage, but in the second round the drivers window blew out. I put the gun back on the rack and got lost for a while. When dad saw it he just figured that the heat of the dat must have been the culprit. Never got caught for that one.[:I]
  • Options
    cornfed69cornfed69 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was nine I took a bb gun off of my dads gunrack while home alone. I shot my sisters 68 javelin. Not much damage, but in the second round the drivers window blew out. I put the gun back on the rack and got lost for a while. When dad saw it he just figured that the heat of the day must have been the culprit. Never got caught for that one.[:I]
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    got in a fist fight with my sister I was 11 she was 14 I must say she held her own [;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...way too many to remember. One good one was when a bunch of us ended up sleeping over, we would get an old lamp elec cord. Then with the ends stripped back a couple of inches on both wires; we would wrap each wire around around each big toe of the poor victim that was asleep...then plug it in. Boy, would they wake up quick!

...Of course wrapped loosely their frantic kicking and thrashing would always knock the wires off their toes...we would always "plug" and run to a "safe" distance, ahhh, the good times...[:D]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..School assembly in the gym. Stuck M-80 fuses through lit cigarettes and hid them around the stage area. I was at the other end of the building by the time they went off.

..Ag shop. Welded a whole bunch of wrenches to the welding tables.

..Brush killer in a sprayer on the school lawn. Some very creative writing.

..There are some that I can't/won't talk about.
  • Options
    SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    locked a sub teacher in a closet in high school!
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Locked the wood shop teacher in the 'wood room' ... and went to
    lunch[:D]

... he never know who did it - fished around for the major clues
    of our identities but never was able to figure it out!

... of course, we all enjoyed giving him a lot of bogus clues, too![}:)]

... better - more dramatic/immediately satisfying - was when we
    clamped off his air hose to the shop compressor ... but that's
    another (and more explosive) story![:D]
  • Options
    sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sent payment for a M-12 16 ga. solid rib. Does that count?
    Wife does'nt know........YET
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere

No but it is freaking cool~~~~
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well- I was about 6 yrs old....... come to think of it, the statute of limitations may not have run out on THAT one yet! Never mind![:p]
  • Options
    yawarakaiyawarakai Member Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stole boxes of candy from my sister's gs troop and sold them at school for $1 a bar.
    When I was way younger, the neighbor girl and I painted the car green with leftover paint.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Glued my fathers new boots to the top of his dresser. Got my butt beat too!
  • Options
    sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    quote:Originally posted by sothere

No but it is freaking cool~~~~
    Ok,Ok even.I shot my sister alright,,,,,Happy now?[:(!][;)]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******
    edited November -1
    I can't tell you all of it, but they told me I'd go blind if I did it. Ha! They were wrong! I only had to wear glasses!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think I was around 4
    Glass marbles in the clothes dryer- First time I ever meet hell face to face when mom heard the noise[:D]
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know where to begin.........I'm a tad passive-aggresive and have been "ornery" way too many times.

But I gotta tell this one[:D]. Got fired from a good job due to "personality conflict". Knew where my ex-supervisors 19 yo daughter worked. Made nice with her, took her to dinner and drinks, and was drinking coffee at his kitchen table 2 weeks later after a "wild night". The look on his face was priceless.[}:)]
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    in high school during lunch a kid that was a bully sat down across from me, he reached across the table and took my apple crisp with his hand. p'od i hit him in the head with what was left of the tray until it broke and stuck my fork in his forehead. right between his eyes. he never touched my food again.[:0]
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    in high school during lunch a kid that was a bully sat down across from me, he reached across the table and took my apple crisp with his hand. p'od i hit him in the head with what was left of the tray until it broke and stuck my fork in his forehead. right between his eyes. he never touched my food again.[:0]

You'd do just fine in a state prison. [:D]
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Putting about half a gallon of soap in the waterfountain in town was always fun...

Foam all over..

That was not the worst though - I guess the worst I did..

Well, I'm regretting I did it and not too proud of it neither.