In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Out Gun Buying Today-Pawn Shop Was Best!

boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I began shooting a Taurus PT101 stainless, that I hadn't really shot much since I purchased it ten years ago. I didn't like it much and the aluminum? frame seemed to be getting a beating. I figured I could trade it off with two eleven round mags. I was intent on a Sig 226 in either .357 or .40. The local shops either didn't have one or were very un-friendly so I decided to stop at pawn shop that I used to go to a lot but the owner had told me a few years back that he was backing off the guns, therefore I hadn't been back in a while.
Well he was obviously back in it BIG time. Norinco AK underfolders & Polytechs, FN's, Superposed Brownings, full line of new Rugers etc. Long story short, really nice guy and I ended up trading the Taurus "even" for a stainless GP100. (No Sigs in stock) and I promised to buy five boxes of bullets. His friendliness made all the difference and I'll definetely be back. (FN paratrooper $3000).

People would get so much more business if they would just be regular friendly type folks.

Gun Shop owner dumb comment of the day: "Taurus quit making the 101 in favor of the 92 so you have an out-dated obsolete gun not worth much" HUH?

Them ducks is wary.

Comments

• Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Booger,
    I picked up the GP100 a few weeks ago, and I LOVE IT!

Bit heavy, but sweet! I haven't shot too many .357s to compare it to, but I did see an article (after I bought it, of course!) in Guns & Ammo? that rated it #2 after the S&W ?????. Anyway, I love it!

Don't get that CCI Blazer crap ammo though.....very dirty.......left the gun BLACK!

Merc

NO! You may not have my guns! Now go crawl back into your hole!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shot a dozen rounds (Winchester USA 110 grain JHP) and seems just fine. Tight & solid, trigger needs some work, as usual. I've got other Ruger revolvers and I think they're damn good guns. I did notice some quality control issues with identical models at other stores. Burrs around the front sight pin, nicks on the frame, minor stuff but annoying.

It's funny you mentioned the S&W. I would have bought a 5" 686 at the other store if the guy wasn't a jerk.

Them ducks is wary.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Booger,
    If you want some decent ammo at a decent price, pick up some Sellier & Belliot. Very cheap.........pretty good! I also have bought 500 rounds of Winchester 125 gr JHP bulk packed from Miwall for $89. Killer deal, decent stuff.

Merc

NO! You may not have my guns! Now go crawl back into your hole!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt