In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

History channel

scott5792scott5792 Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Just finished up an hour long infomercial for Islam. They made it sound very good. Very peaceful in fact. I guess I just never understood how great Islam really was. Thanks History Channel!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    At 9 PM EDT tonight, the History Channel is showing "Bullets", a study of the evolution of the bullet. If you haven't seen it before, it is pretty interesting viewing.

F&AM, NRA Life (25 yrs)
    "The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."
    Edmund Burke (1729-97)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they are airing the antichrist show, its a repeat but since I have nothing to do and my car wont start I am watching it. they are saying he will speak very well and use the economy, and will try to broker a peace deal with all in the middle east. also he will be from the middle east. His father is, so his genes are from there. I hope this gets you conspiricy theory guys going. I actuall dont care as long as he/she cant stop 45acp or 223.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am watching a show right now called Lock and Load hosted by Ermey. Normally I think he does a pretty decent job with "his" gun facts. This show is awful as far as facts go.

Too many issues to list but one I am very confused about is he says a 1903 has a "range" of 1000 yard but when he gets to the M1 Grand it only has a "range" of 500 yards. [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Even better now when the show comes back on it say range on the M16 is 600 yards......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, climate change. seems they beleive in it. i see agenda getting pushed[:(][:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why are they airing eveything in the libary about the revolution? I find it very interesting, anyone else?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is comparing hitler and stalin. both were severely beaten as children and were bullies in school and narcissists.
    Oh, and there was an expert interviewed who said the nazi's were guided by extraterrestrials during WW2.
    gotta love the history channel!!

tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody watching the 911 15 Years later they've been running the last few hours?
    A few things I never heard before.
    I'm getting mad all over again. Can't believe it's been 15 years and we are still not doing the necessary to kill these bassards.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Modern Marvels is on. Strange weapons episode. I love this show! Some of these devices are pretty interesting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am smelling an anti gun fart disguised as 'information'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cant help but like the History Channel.I think they did a good job in being unbiased in their segment "history of the gun". What irritates me is the liberties that they take with film footage.For instance when depicting Doughboys in the trenches or anywhere they always show British Tommies instead.The inaccuracies go on & on.They have an elderly gentleman who if you saw every time they interviewed him he has been an infantry soldier,fighter pilot machine gunner and something naval as well.Thanks I just had to get it out there as Im sure some of you have noticed it too.

Just when I thought I had gotten away it pulled me back in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone watching this history channel color of war " story of 10 horsepower." That b-17(?). absolute heros.Scott
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heads up---Sunday at 20:00 hrs. History channel is going to air a program called Snipers- In the cross hairs. Sounds good- thought most of you might enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some days it seems like the History Channel tries to see what they can do to irritate people. Today was one of those days.

I watched Wild West Tech. It was about executions in the Old West, hanging, firing squad, electric chair, etc. David Carradine referred to the condemned as the victims.

Another program was about street gangs in Los Vegas. One of the young gangsters said "I've got nine homeys. Two of them was murdered. One of them is in prison for life. The other four are still on the street."

Know what I'm sayin? [:(!] [V] [xx(]