In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mutiny

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I noticed there are a few fella's on here that mentioned being in or around the commercial fishing bussiness. I have read in books and heard of mutiny being talked about with crews on boats. Question is, what exactly is mutiny and how severe was/is the punshment for it?

Comments

• Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I experienced mutiny this past Sunday while trolling for salmon and trout on Shasta Lake. My crew, the wife and two granddaughters, decided to mutiny only two hours into the trip. Despite catching three nice Rainbows, I heard one of the granddaughters say, "I'm bored, lets go to the mall". So, being outnumbered and not wanting to be keel hauled, I gave in to the mutineers. Next time I will take my Lab.
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley, I'll take their place any day... I would be hard pressed to be bored early...just holler when you're ready to go...

keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my captain "up north" was a 375 lb. norwegian that no one in their right mind would rebel against.
    that said, i dont have a clue what constitutes mutiny other than forcibly siezing the ship against the captain's wishes.
    im pretty sure the laws are territorial; each country has their own plus international law applying on the high seas.
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muley,I know your situation.I am the skipper of my boat, My wife is the Admiral of the fleet.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took my wife along when I purchased my boat. Let her KNOW right up front " I'm the Captain, your the first mate/ deck hand/ bilge rat". I could tell by the look I got that the mutiny had started before I even got the boat wet. I now pilot the boat for Captain Bligh/ Wifey
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried that too when I brought my 20' Larson home. I commenced to tell her who was the captain and who was the deckhand. When I woke up, I was still sprawled out on the grass and I knew the mutiny had begun and had already ended.
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Had a few close calles on the "Elly Bree" mostly from the fairer sexes, hell all from the fairer sexes.
    Solved the problem by taking my better half out in 4 footers on a very bright day, gave her gummy bears to snack on and waited. Soon she got a little sick so I offered her something to calm her stomach; "Sunny delight" I say workes wonders. Just a few short chugs and I was the undisputed Captian again!
    I have since been forgiven, I think.

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    CaptBlackDawgCaptBlackDawg Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm.. Mutiny is treasune without a doubt, Be the soul who attempts the task a strong and brave sort for he has chose his destiny which always becomes food for the bottom feeders after walkin the short slippery plank into the sea.