In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of Ammo?

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
When the shelves do get stocked back up, do you think the price's will be like they were before? Will they only slightly lower the prices? Or do you think due to the costof metal/Brass they will remain about what they are now? The last box of 7MM-08 I paid $24.00+ for and I bought a box of .270 Win for $18.00+ a box.

Comments

• Options
    hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the prices will fall back to the pre-election prices.
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, just like gas has dropped back down to it price we paid when it was 50ish a barrel. Not gonna happen.
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They know what we're willing to pay now. The only thing that will bring prices back down is competition - somebody has to make the first move.
  • Options
    BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    16.00 for .22 ammo at wally world for 550 rounds here [:D]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Once the prices return to normal, (and they will) there's gonna be a lot of people wishing they hadn't paid the outrageous prices that they did. [;)]
    Don't count on it
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will never regret buying ammo. To bad for me I am drasticly understocked. I only have 200 rounds of 45acp, 250 of 38spcl, 50 of 38spcl +p! My idea of a decent stock would be to have a 1000 rounds of rifle, and 500 rounds for each pistol. At least I have plenty of 22[}:)]....I need to pick up some more 30-06 as well.
  • Options
    101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hooch31L
    I think the prices will fall back to the pre-election prices.
    Not going to happen! The minute demand lets up in the slightest, the manufacturers will slow down and the prices will remain high; simple economics.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    There's no ammo shortage at my house!!

[:0][:0][;)][;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if all of this high ammo pricing is just the Libs way of trying to undermine the gun toting community...
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't have enough ammo, your lifetime needs might be shortened.