In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

On 22 ammo, don't read if it pisses you off.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Graf & Sons advertising Amrscorp (Philippines?) 22 bricks for $50 plus shipping. I don't know if this is THEIR retail price or if this is the new suggested retail price from the manufacturer. Maybe there is no 22 ammo shortage at all. Maybe the world is full of $50 bricks now that we have demonstrated a willingness to pay it.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great Deal!! Last local gun show, one seller was offering that Armscorp crap for $10/box. That is twice Graf's price. Better jump on a few bricks.[}:)]
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    Most of the local adds here for 22lr, start at $50, then you see the same seller relist for $35 - $40, they can eat it at $50, don't need it that bad, not yet, been to wet to even think about taken the kids out.......
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BiMart price a buck or two higher than before the CRISIS.

My stockpile grows a little every time they have some. Just as before.
  • Options
    donut77donutdonut77donut Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    BiMart price a buck or two higher than before the CRISIS.

My stockpile grows a little every time they have some. Just as before.

+1

Lately they've had thunderbolt bricks for $19 and change.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    At a auction Sat. bricks went for $85, 525 packs $75-80 [xx(]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like $3.00 gas...Katrina was the excuse to jack it up to see if we'd pay it, once they recognized that we would pay it then they never brought it back down. Oil can drop to $85 a barrel, yet the price of gas will not drop back down to $2.00 a gallon. We've been conditioned to accept $2.99 a gallon of gas as cheap.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Just like $3.00 gas...Katrina was the excuse to jack it up to see if we'd pay it, once they recognized that we would pay it then they never brought it back down. Oil can drop to $85 a barrel, yet the price of gas will not drop back down to $2.00 a gallon. We've been conditioned to accept $2.99 a gallon of gas as cheap.

The price of gas has minimal relationship to the price of (crude) oil since the price of gas is mostly about refining capacity. (And refining capacity is controlled by government licensing and is nearly impossible to increase.)

22 ammo pricing is related to production capacity. Demand is still out-stripping supply so prices are remaining higher than what it has been historically.

General inflation and the price of things like lead and brass may mean you won't see "old" pricing as low as it has been in the past, but when store shelves are stocked again -- and the product sits there for days or weeks before being sold -- prices will drop lower. When that is going to happen is difficult to predict since demand has been so exceedingly high.

It might be a few years before an equilibrium price in 22 ammo is reached.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're pointing a finger at Graf's, I'll say that they were one of the dealers with whom I had/have primers backordered. They didn't/haven't canceled the BO or raised the prices of what they have been able to deliver. Other suppliers have refused to deliver at the "old" prices, then sent notices that they had the product-but at much higher pricing.
    I plan to go by Graf's store on Monday and see what really is on the shelves.