In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I be SO glad when it warms up ... do some shootin

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
As I get older, it seems like I'm picky-er about "things" when I go shooting ...

My wife commented about it the other day ... up until a couple years ago, it didn't matter if it was 110 or -10 ... between the hours of dawn and dusk, 2-3 times during the week after work and every weekend you would find me at the range ... wasn't unusual for me to crank out a couple hundred rounds on the Dillon before work in the morning ... but now ...

Its too hot ...

or

Its too cold ...

or

Its raining ...

Wah Wah Wah .... cry.gif

I don't claim to be an expert shot or anything ... there is always someone better ... I'm not bored with guns or shooting by any means, but I guess I'm happy with my level of proficiency and have lost some of the urgency to practice ... and when I get a new toy I no longer have to rush out to the range to shoot it .... When I do go out, I almost always run into freinds/acquaintances also there shooting, so its almost always a good time with good company. I guess I'm just lacking the motivation to get out and do it like I used to ... has this happened to anyone else?

===========================
Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Yep,im not that motivated to shoot in the winter. I started shooting an air pistol indoors and its pretty fun though.
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am also itching soooo bad to go shooting, its been so freakin cold up here though, i havent gotten to shoot the cz52 i got 3 mos. ago....[V], my 8 yr old wants to go to the range also and shoot her little youth .22 marlin.hers has a 3-9x40 scope on it and a bi-pod, she thinks shes the fooey when shes shootin it, i loveseeing her smile like that when were both sharing a great hobby together.[:D]

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.