In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just for you cat lovers . . . .

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just to let you know I left a month's worth of rubber on the road today so some stupid Tabby would be at home lapping cream rather than use up it's ninth life. I may detest cats, but I do try hard to avoid hurting them.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    A month's worth of rubber?....Just how much is that?..

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Somebody's kids are greatful to you right now....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much was that a three pack?
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is hope for you yet[:D][:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Nothing quite a bad as having to scrape up the family pet with a shovel...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have 7 of the things, with more on the way. Luckily, we live so far back from the road that cars are not a threat to them. Only coyotes, bobcats and other critters that happen by.

I really enjoy watching the cats hunt gophers and moles. They can sit for hours at a hole waiting for the moment to pounce. Wish I had their patience.

Rafter-S
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once took out 100 feet of wood fence for one of the fury critters
    with my Bronco,I was driving down the road at a nice clip when a
    Huge white Furry cat flew across the road in front of me then the lady i was with at the time Grabbed the wheel almost killing us both.
    I was young and in love at the time, so we both laughed it off.
    The farmer was cool about it and let me fix the fence my self at my own pace,and her uncle fixed the truck so i guess it all worked out[:D]

use_deer.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you specifically have to be a cat lover, to open this post?
    Or can you be a general animal lover, and get away with it? [}:)]

As long as it did not cause an accident, you did good. [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • h4ckthish4ckthis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago, I remember there was a book called "101 Uses For a Dead Cat"

heheh..

Hey, check this out: It's on Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0517545160/102-6306714-0113758

Iconoclast, you did the honorable thing.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I ran over one once. Couldn't miss, too quick. Never even touched the brakes. Busy street. Dead center torso, right front tire.

Looked in my rearview mirror and the front half and the back half were flopping, the middle was flattened into the road.

I still have nightmares...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR, fifty feet of solid black, four tires; usage may vary by individual. [;)]

rcrxs old lady - I know all too well; that's 99.9999% of the reason why Tabby is enjoying his / her cream.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My thanks too Teak, you know I like them. We will toast in your honor this evening! Too bad you won't be here to join us, he he.

He Dog
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you![:D][:D]

Especially if youre like me. I only kill what I plan to eat. Ive heard cat is terrible no matter how you cook it. Me and my three cats thank you.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i woulda hit it.....[;)]

HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH.