In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new classification on GB auction

IdahjoIdahjo Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Gentlemen, I am new to your site, however I have a neighbor that is quiteactive. He listed a Ransom (pistol) machine rest for me and experience fromthat indicates you are missing an opportunity for a specific classification.Unlike others , many like me are interested only in PRECISION SHOOTINGaspects. (by the way "Precision Shooting" is a magazine name and is probablycopyrighted) From my association with the precision- custom target andvarmint crowd, I can assure you I am not alone. It is difficult to locateanything in that area on Gunbroker and that is probably why that crowd sellstheir equipment elsewhere. (There IS a big market with that crowd!)I would suggest that you create a new classification, something like,"Precision Shooting and Accessories"; to cover custom target/ benchrestfirearms and associated accessories such as wind flags, windage-adjustable front rests,etc., etc. If you had that, I would bet you would draw a big $ crowd toyour site.Thanks, Idahjo

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idahjo....Welcome. I've been on this forum for about a year. I've NEVER heard any of the participants mention precision shooting. That would indicate to me that there's not much interest. I could be wrong. (I was wrong once before. I believe it was 1953. I could be mistaken, however. )Believe me, if anyone here was interested in precision shooting, we'd have heard about it by now. Hell, we talk about favorite ice cream, jajapeno peanuts, *-kickin' movie stars, you name it.Hang around though, and share your thoughts with us. You gotta' watch out for a few of these guys/gals. You'll learn who they are. Probably the hard way. Mudge the greeter
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Idahjo, Welcome!! You might be surprised as probably would admin. as to how many people here are interested in precision shooting. Anyone who likes varmint hunting at long distances should have an interest. I personally am more interested in the accuracy of the guns than the hunting aspect. If it shoots to suit me then the hunting of the varmints becomes the next stage in evaluating the gun. It has to shoot accurately and consistently and then I'll hunt with it. I have a whole stack of those old magazines all the way back into the 60's when most of the authors were gunsmith/varmint hunters. You can learn a lot from those old magazines and also see where some of the ideas that are so popular today got their start. GHD
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would be interesting to see what pops up, it's hard to classify. A lot is up to opinion when it comes to firearms, and I'm not sure there are enough sellers to warrant a whole new category.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it. What would you put on it? Sport models like the Sig229 sport? The Glock17 target? Ruger Mark II's? What?

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    IdahjoIdahjo Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the welcome! I have been involved in several aspects of precision shooting, ie: Police pistol competition, Long-range black powder cartridge, and Benchrest. The suggestion for Precision Firearms and Accessories was for such things as Ransom machine rests, windflags, competition pistols/raceguns, and CUSTOM rifles such as built on Kelbly, Hall, Farley, etc., etc. actions.
    Thanks for listening.