In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Oklahoma Weather

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This state has the most screwed up weather. Last night it was sleeting and snowing with around 2 in. on the ground By noon today it was in the 50s and not a bit was left. You can have teens at night and 60s in the day.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't Will Rogers have a saying about Oklahoma weather? Something like if you don't like the weather in Oklahoma wait a little while and it'll change to suit ya.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that describes kansas to

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I'm blaming the weather on Bambihunter. You do know that he does a indian weather dance every night!
    Its either freezing or warm, depends on the hour.
    Walte
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know how much LaBada Bambi is doing these days, he seems to have been minding his manners pretty well lately.

I think they say stuff about the weather everywhere.

Wipala, consider this: You could have gotten 16" last night and today it could be -10! Whadda ya complaing about???[}:)][:p]

He Dog
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    He Dog - If'n we got 16inches, we would all be home today!
    Still sleeping! Dont get much of that (sleep)lately.. Put in 115hrs last week, but paid for 40, what a life..
    Praying for that 16 inches....
    Walte
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm on my kness for ya Walt, on my knees![;)]

He Dog
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought my ears were burning... Something told me I was being talked about.

I think I've been doing the wrong indian dance, I've been dancing for warm weather so I can start fishin' [8D]. Instead, I think I'm doin' rain dances.
    Walte, if you can show me how to make my rain dance and turn it into snow I'm all ears. I could use a few days off too. [:D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't say anything about the wind blowing. It must have been since you're in Oklahoma.[:D]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • IdahjoIdahjo Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As luck would have it, 50 years ago I left Oklahoma at 14 years of age. An old joke from that era comes to mind, which is: "How do you find Oklahoma?" Well.. you test the air with your nose and determine the strongest odor of bull-poop, and continue to walk toward the source of that odor until you step in said poop. When that happens, take one step backwards. You passed thru Oklahoma and went into Texas![:D][:D]

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
    --Will Rogers