In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Blue Wonder? I'm still wondering...

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Been reading on here about it for a long time. I've looked in every gun shop I've been in and can't seem to find any. Getting kind of blue wondering if I'll ever get to try it.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of blue wonder... I just got done reading an article about how good it was.
    www.surplusrifle.com
    You can order it right from the kgnovum website.

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.novumsolutions.com/

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get it from one of our Members.

Aglore
    AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have read about this stuff to where it has my attention.

It appears to come in a 1 oz. tube (I presume as a paste). Also as a liquid in 4oz. containers.

Question: What is the difference? Has anyone tried both and determined if one is better than the other?

Rafter-S (with a very dirty rifle)
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I signed up on line for the 1oz freebie. If it works wonders I'll send Aglore a blue check for more.

• stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    BDJ,
    Tell the gunshops you would like to see them start carrying it.
    I found it at Sportsman's Warehouse and went out of my way to tell them what a great product it is and how much I appreciated the fact that they carried it.
    The Guy told me a Blue Wonder rep came in, gave them a small demonstration and they were well convinced in the value of the product.
    The rep may have been our own Ken Gibbs.
    If so, sorry I missed him, would have liked to buy him a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze.

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    I signed up on line for the 1oz freebie.

I went and looked and of course they don't tell ya that it truly isn't free... I signed up, then found out ya have to pay for shipping. That's kinda like the "lying or not" thread. Yes, I realize everyone does it, and it still ticks me off. Free means free, no money. [:(!]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    Yeah, four bucks to ship a one oz tube is pretty steep, but I can't find it locally ie in a fifty mile radius.

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aglore carries it, Midway and most of the big on line retailers carry it. After proving to myself it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, I took the remains of the free 4 oz tube Ken sent me (among many others on GB) for feedback in 2002 to my local dealer and pounded on them until they carried it - and they've been very happy. This is one product line where you get more than you pay for. You can tell your local dealers about it; I believe Novum has a promotional kit with samples they will send to a dealer (at least they used to) which is a good way to win converts. Once you use it, Blue Wonder will have a place of honor in your cleaning kit. I'm on my third tube. I also tried their bluing kit for the first time last week. If a klutz who's never tried to perform the even the most minor 'smithing job can turn a bright orange firearm into something which has close to a factory blue appearance, anyone can. I rarely endorse anything, much less with unfettered enthusiasm, but Novum's product line is, if anything, better than the advertising and reviews.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
    edited November -1
    Anyone try the pain killer spray? I wonder if it would help my hands? A guy gave me some stuff called"Blue Emu" cream that took the pain out of my hands virtually on contact and enabled me to play my twelve string for an hour or so before I needed more. It was very expensive, but to be able to play without pain is worth it.

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BDJ, I couldn't get ANY relief from my back pain with that emu stuff. The guy that started it I think is from here in OKC, they had him on the tv one day and he was saying it'd even give relief from sciatic pain... Not in my experience!
    It's not a bad skin cream however, it works well for sun/wind burn.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I actually got decent relief with the Muscle Wonder from my built-in shoulder barometer.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are a small outfit with a really good product.

I read a review on their cleaning product, then another on their bluing ... looked locally for a long time with no success. Then come across info on their Web site.

I logged on to their site and registered and got the "code" for their sample, I also ordered 1 ea. of their other products. Shipping was prompt and reasonable. Tried each of the products and was impressed.

The joint/pain spray works, but like Emu it fades in an hour or so. Cost isn't that much less than Emu if you work it out, but I like it better because you spritz it on and it dosen't have the oily feeling of Emu.

My only problem is that after I inquired about wholesale (retailer) pricing I've not heard from them. In talking with Bob on the phone he said that the person that handles wholesale/dealers/etc. was on vacation for the "holidays" ... this was just before Christmas, considering it is now the 4th of Feb. they must have a generous holiday/vacation plan.[:D]

Seriously, I think they are just small and struggling with growing pains and they are on my follow up list.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Wonder is murderously expensive crap that works somewhat better than Birchwood-Casey or Brownell's Oxpho-Blue, depending on circumstances. I used it to blue a couple replacement bolt-handles on my two Mausers, and it rubbed off almost right away, leaving a greyish, slightly mottled patina. Retreating did nothing to improve the situation. It's like Oxy-Clean: sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't do squat. Luck of the draw, as far as I can tell.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have a bluing, a lubricant, and a paste wax protectant called Armadillo, plus the muscle relief product. I actually enjoyed the muscle pain reliever -- my sample happened to arrive when I had just had a murderous attack of shoulder and neck pain, and it did help, and without the excessive heat of some of the stick-on pads.

The wax, as I read the label, is to be used on external surfaces, mainly, for long term protection from the elements. I have not tried the blue, but apparently it is a step up, as cold blues go, from previous products. I don't tend to buy guns that need anything more than a tiny unobtrusive dab from a cold blue pen, so I haven't missed not winning a sample of the Blue Wonder, so far.

Almost forgot -- They do make a gun cleaning fluid which seems to go deeper than my Nitro solvent. I like it pretty well, though you do need to wipe down the gun again in 24 hours 'cause that stuff can keep working on ya. [;)]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I asked Ken to send my shop samples, and they carry it now. It is a gel not a paste. Have not tried the blue, but Classic says it is good stuff, but works best if you get the metal HOT[}:)] rather than cold.

He Dog
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I was one of the first to get the samples, also sample of the ARMADILLO paste, never paid for shipping either, I buy the cleaner by the dozen, Every one that has gotten some from me swears by it, and dont use anything else..

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Bigdaddy you seen what a good job it did on my hog gun[;)]. I have tried to get every gun shop and sporting goods store within 75 miles of me to stock it. But thay dont want to put out the money to stock it. Thay have told me that if Novem soluitions would like to put it in there stores thay would be happy to let them. But thay dont want to do it that way.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • kgnovumkgnovum Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys. I finally got some time to check back in and catch up a little. Sorry for those who are having a hard time finding our products.

We just put up a brand new dealer locator on our new website yesterday!!

Go to www.BlueWonder.us and click the button that says find stores. It has all the latest info.

Very soon we will be in the following:

G.I. Joes
    Bass Pro Shops
    Smith & Wesson Catalog

and MAYBE Academy! We are talking to them right now. If anyone goes in there - please ask them to carry Blue Wonder Products! We could certainly use the help.

Check my post later tonight for a Disotec XFR giveaway! We just got some tubes in!

Thanks again for your kind comments, help and support!!!

Ken Gibbs
    www.bluewonder.us