In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Geocaching

Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Anybody out there into Geocaching? I got started a couple of years ago and have had a lot of fun with it. It's a worldwide treasure hunt that uses GPS to track down hidden caches. The caches are usually in a tupperware or ammo can and have a variety of things to trade. Our whole family gets involved even the kids.If ya want to check it out here's the link
www.geocaching.com

Someday when I'm cool I'll have a .50

Comments

• Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever heard of this or does anyone participate in this?

www.geocaching.com
  • Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are any of you guys into geocaching? My girlfriend and I enjoy it. We started about a month ago and we have 56 finds.

29105_402007489218_706194218_4293400_3618248_n.jpg
  • lmfischerlmfischer Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup . I've done this a few times, back in the old days, using a <gasp> compass. It's not quite as exciting for me since the military removed Selective Availability from the GPS network making it much more accurate. However, I think geocaching is still a fun way to learn how to use a GPS unit or to simply brush up on the navigation skills and is a great outdoor activity the whole family can enjoy! Besides, what kid can resist the excitement of finding buried treasure?

"No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you." - Homer Simpson
  • BuckShotJonBuckShotJon Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup I know geocaching. Landowner where I hunt put two caches out on his land, one 10 feet from my treestand, ain't nothing like seeing a group of 10 people walk into the woods when your hunting. Talking loud, women wearing perfume...and on and on....

It's his land and I can't complain, thats why I bought my own!

Jon
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I discovered the site sometime back. It looks like it could be fun. Problem is I don't have a GPS. I started a thread about it if you want to see what was said then it's:

"If you have GPS Equipment:"

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88393

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.