In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seeing Red

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I just got off the phone with a gentleman from a collection agency who stated the subject he was looking for had given him my phone number. I explained to the gentleman that no one by that name lives here, I do not know anyone by that name, and that this has been my
family's unlisted phone number for 18 years.

He actually gave me the full name of the person he was looking for and her address. When I cool down enough, I am going to drive to the other side of town and give her the gentleman's number and tell her she better get this straightened out.......

The gentleman claimed he had removed my number from her file..we'll see...

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks SP, you are correct....It just really p!$$*$ me off. I am sure that if I give it an hour or so, it will fade away. Thanks for letting me vent.....
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you know the dead beat's address give it to the collection agency and let them handle it. Don't confront her. If you get in a pissing contest with a skunk, win, lose or draw, you're still going to smell like a skunk.

PC=BS
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shes not worth the gas to go over there, and if she used someone elses number i would not put it past her to call a cop an file a report that you threatened her. If they call again just calmly inform them that you have already told them you do not know the person and dont call again, if they persist talk to a supervisor.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The address may be a fake too.
  • Options
    jastrjastr Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Collection agencies are only interested in thier money....they will follow whatever lead that they have garunteed...

lets all be responsible! shoot a criminal! Remember 0% of firearms pull there own trigger!
  • Options
    SCREWEDUPSCREWEDUP Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ROUTINELY GET CALLS FROM CREDITORS LOOKING FOR OTHERS I JUST SAY I DON"T KNOW THEM, EVEV THOUGH WE HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME. WHATS REALLY FUNNY IS I MET A BROOKINS HERE IN TOWN AND HE WAS BLACK, I ASK HIM HOW HE FELT HAVING WHITE KINFOLK ? HES WAS OK WITH IT, HAS WERE BOTH FROM THE SOUTH HE MADE A COMMENT ABOUT YOU KNOW HOW THOSE SLAVE OWNERS ARE.I BELIEVE THAT WERE PROBLEMLY RELATED I TOLD HIM "I NOW HAVE A BROTHER FOR A BROTHER " I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO FALL OUT LAUGHING. BOY DO I GO WAY OFF THREAD.