In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CIVIL DEFENSE

SCREWEDUPSCREWEDUP Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
After reading a couple of old threads from years ago I had to ask myself if there was such a system left in the U.S. to even think if there is such a program left for citizens. I believe that the Power Company displays the CD on their trucks.

There is the Weather Alert System Sirens in the County I live in. And there is the National Guard Armory but nothing is ever said about any kind of fallout shelters, anywhere.

I have to wonder if there is even a Federal, State program left, that is functional. Is The last CD Program on the rocks?

Do not ask about my program, on a need to know basis.

Comments

• Options
    SCREWEDUPSCREWEDUP Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAVE A GREAT IDEA, WHY DOES"NT TOM RIDGEUES THE 20 MILLION VETS THAT ARENT EMPLOYEED BY THEIR DEAR UNCLE SAM ANYMORE HAS CIVIL DEFENSE CAPTAINS . THEY COULD TEACH AND BE TRAINED IN MARKSMANSHIP, FIRST AID SEARCH & RESECUE,AND NBC PROCEDURES. THE GOVT WOULD/COULD HAVE A VOLUNTEER HOME DEFENSE FORCE IN NO TIME. OF COURSE THE AMMO & GUNS WOULD BE FREE SINCE WE MAY NEED THEM AT A MOMENTS NOTICE. DOES THIS SOUND GOOD TO ANYONE? I KNOW IT"s JUST A GREAT DREAM THOUGHT.:)