In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    I say it's about time. I feel that the only minortity that it is not only legal, but encuraged to discriminate against is white, male, straight, christians.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    These guys have no money. The big money is in being a black, Mexican, lesbian, one-eyed woman from a poor family.
  • Options
    jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by torosapo
    I say it's about time. I feel that the only minortity that it is not only legal, but encuraged to discriminate against is working, white, male, straight, christians.

Fixed it for ya. [;)]
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I heard somewhere that there are two groups the government does not consider to be minorities where financial aid is concerned:

Whites: they are the majority, so I guess technically that is correct.

and

Asians: apparently they don't rate.

As far as this scholarship goes, I say fair is fair and it is patently unfair to exclude whites from educational funds simply because of... well, I don't know why. Everyone deserves a chance at higher education if they have the grades - money should not be an obstacle.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    everyones entitled to a higher education if they can afford it. if not, the class system kicks in and you wash cars for the rest of your life, for goofing off and skipping class in high school.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    I heard somewhere that there are two groups the government does not consider to be minorities where financial aid is concerned:

Whites: they are the majority, so I guess technically that is correct.

and

Asians: apparently they don't rate.

As far as this scholarship goes, I say fair is fair and it is patently unfair to exclude whites from educational funds simply because of... well, I don't know why. Everyone deserves a chance at higher education if they have the grades - money should not be an obstacle.

Money has never been an obstacle to an education for anyone willing to get off their * and work. NO ONE should have their education paid for by someone else.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...unless youre willing to die for your country for it. at which time the g.i. bill is well deserved and earned.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rhodes Scholarship used to be for white males only.

I guess the guy who established it, Cecil Rhodes, was mistaken, because after he died they changed it to where anybody was eligible.