In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1968 Jim Morrison ...

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
...Performing on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

Touch Me and it's studio quality acoustics.
This was a new sound for the Doors. Listen to the intro for it. It wasn't even the first song they played.

Jim Morrison was a crazy mo'fo, but he could sing.
I heard this on the car radio this afternoon.

Enjoy! I sure did![8D]

https://youtu.be/67EmFY_KJGk

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great performance!
    Damn there were some great live performances on network tv back in the sixties.

Robbie Krieger had a massive black eye. Girlfriend?
    Or, I wonder if Jim got drunk and whacked him with a vodka bottle.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Great performance!
    Damn there were some great live performances on network tv back in the sixties.

Robbie Krieger had a massive black eye. Girlfriend?
    Or, I wonder if Jim got drunk and whacked him with a vodka bottle.

Hell Allen, the Stones, Motown, Chicago, we did have the best music before or since. You could snatch a kiss or kiss a snatch and no one lost their mind. The pervs were in the closet and even strangers were decent people.
    Cops poured out kids beer and told them to go home and drink it.

I miss that America.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Raised n the best of times.
    Thanks Mom and Dad.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keyboardist Ray Manzarek was the only member of the Doors to live beyond age 30. He died of cancer in 2013 at the age of 74.

Neal
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Doors were without a doubt one of the best bands EVER!

Jim was a crazy Mofo, no doubt!

Texas radio and the big beat.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure the drummer is still alive. He was the nerd of the band and instead of taking LSD, vodka, and heroin like the lead singer, the drummer did transcendental meditation.

If he is still with us, think of the cash that rolls in to his bank account. The Doors are as popular as ever they are played on the radio all the time and, I bet, still sell loads of albums, or MP downloads whatever the hell form music is in these days.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Keyboardist Ray Manzarek was the only member of the Doors to live beyond age 30. He died of cancer in 2013 at the age of 74.

Neal

I thought the guitarist was still alive ? Isn?t He in dispute with another surviving band member over the use of the band name?
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******
    edited November -1
    Favorite Doors Song for me is "Riders on the Storm" [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here they are in the famous [notorious] performance on Ed Sullivan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk8nxv425Zg

The Doors were big, but they were not a supergroup, not yet, when they got their big break to play Ed Sullivan.

And before the show the guys were in the green room, and the Ed Sullivan manager came into the room, I think the guy was Ed Sullivan's son in law.
    So he told them, "Glad to have you here, we want to have a good show, but we can't do any lyrics supporting dope. You need to change that line "We couldn't get much higher..."

So, he left the green room and that was that. But Morrison got on stage and sang the original song.
    After the show, that manager guy stormed into the green room and cussed out the band, and told Morrison they would never play Ed Sullivan again!

I guess, Ed Sullivan needed The Doors more than they needed Ed Sullivan.