In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody watch "The O'Reilly Factor"?

rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
I recently started to watch this guy. He is really fun to watch. Unlike the rest of the media he asks questions we all want to know and doesn't worry about hurting someones feelings. Thats why I guess his popularity is growing so fast. People like Sam Donaldson & that ilk of liberal media makes me sick. I'm not sure what Bill O'Reilly's views on gun rights are. Does anyone out there know? I hope he is in favor of the 2nd amendment & gun rights so I can support his TV show.

Comments

• Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    He's good to watch, however; he should let his visitors say more before he cuts them off.
    He is all for gun rights as I see it.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    O'Rielly is not quite all there concerning gun rights....he believes in some gun control. He's pretty liberal on a lot of social views...comes across as having all the answers in 20 words or less. I think he takes these views and plays the middle of the road to stir up liberals and conservatives for the ratings.....
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been watching it for quite some time and Rembrandt is right. I believe I've heard him say that he would like to see handguns outlawed. However, dont quote me.
    -Hans
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I sure love to watch him when he interviews the Rev. Al Sharpton. He always tears him a new one, in my opinion!

Rembrandt,

I agree with you, but I would rather watch him than Peter Jennings or Dan Rather! He at least tells it right about the libral press putting their own spin on the news. They have convinced the city slickers that the normal folk are ignorant and/or crazy.

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree he is far better than Jennings or the other liberal anchors....he does challenge the guests in a way no else has, great entertainment....I take some of his views with a grain of salt
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    O'reilly for Prez 2004!!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watch most of his shows. I can't say with certainty what his views are on the Second Amendment, but he had a guest within the last two weeks or so who'd written a book on why the 2nd was as much an individual right as the rest of the Amendments - *very* sharp woman - and he didn't offer any objections to the views she advanced. My feeling is that he doesn't have any personal interest in owning a firearm but neither does he feel the Swillary crowd has any basis for destroying our rights, either.
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watch him most every night, but he is not old enough to remember a time when sanity was less rare than today. Not his fault,but fact nonetheless. Hell i'm so old I can remember when you could't buy water.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the guy. Never heard his veiw on gun control, but I'll be watching for it.

Trinity+++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    he asked Rosie O a few questions on gun control...led me to believe he isn't opposed...now i dont know how far in favor he is though...but he seems like a pretty reasonable man.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We usually watch. We both think he's gone WAAAAYYY beyond arrogant though. His "Here's the way it is and anybody who disagrees with me is obviously living in a dream world" gets on my nerves at times. When he gets on one of his "rants" about something he can be downright rude when interviewing someone with a different opinion. We stopped watching Chris Mathews because he wouldn't let a guest finish a sentence. O'Reilly is starting to do the same thing.
    One of the things he did that really broke us up happened when he was interviewing a member of the Canadian Parliament about their, practically non-existant, immigration laws. He told this guy that if Canada didn't "shape-up" and tighten up their immigration laws, he was going to call for a boycott of Canada. They guy he was talking to just laughed. Talk about arrogance....O'Reilly is going to call for a boycott. That'll show those people who they're messin' with......I'm Bill O'Reilly.
    Then, Monday night, he's interviewing Elizabeth Smart's Aunt. He had a picture of Elizabeth on the screen. He closed by telling this lady that, "Now everyone in America has seen her picture." Yeah Bill, EVERYONE in America watches your show.

Mudge the critic

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!

Edited by - mudge on 06/19/2002 16:57:14

Edited by - mudge on 06/19/2002 17:01:21
  • Options
    223believer223believer Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's more concerned with his own opinions and popularity
    than the issues of the day. He's a celebrity, not a
    journalist.
  • Options
    kgnovumkgnovum Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch him regularly. Like his show. He has strong views but you do get to hear other views also. A lot of what he does is to stir things up. Some people watch because they like him and others watch because they don't like him. Kind of like "Ali" was. Good business for him and we get to hear lots of opinions. I think he is more or less pro-gun but not certain. KG
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When a question gets asked, and the one answering starts down the road to spin their own opinion, He cuts them off, and think thats the way to get at the answers.

Ask a question, answer the question, period.

Thats the way it ought to be.

Another thing, thats important is to let both sides present BOTH SIDES of the issues.

Let the public make up their own minds, that is what is

makes this type of reporting "fair and balanced."

Gretta, does the same thing, only thing is she allows "spin".

LOL

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry
  • Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    I think his hard a$$ed interview style is meant to knock the "spinmeisters" off their balance,lose their composure,and forces
    them to state their cases with "facts",instead of allowing them to
    create a fog of b.s.I believe he realizes that a lot of whats wrong with the political atmosphere in this country is because no one uses
    just plain simple facts to make their argument.I believe this as well.
    I don't always agree with him but,I always welcome other perspectives
    on any subject.