In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Politics

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited September 2002 in General Discussion

Comments

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I was just wondering how many of the posters here actually write letters to state representatives, and congressmen. I have posted a couple of letters that I have written here for others to cut and paste them, but have had no reply on either. I have only really seen the damage that the gun grabbers have done since I became a member of these boards, and waking up to some of the news here is disturbing, to say the least.I, for one, enjoy writing, and have no problem posting letters here for others to send as well. I think that might be the extra push that somepeople need to actually get involved.what do you folks think?
    edited November -1
    I told my son, ?You will marry the girl I choose.?
    He said, ?No.?

I told him, ?She is Bill Gates' daughter.?
    He said, ?OK.?

I called Bill Gates and said, ?I want your daughter to marry my son.?
    Bill Gates said, ?No.?

I told Bill Gates, ?My son is the C.E.O. of World Bank.?
    Bill Gates said, ?OK.?

I called the president of World Bank and asked him to make my son the C.E.O.
    He said, ?No.?

I told him, ?My son is Bill Gates' son-in-law.?
    He said, ?OK.?

And that?s how politics work.
    edited November -1
    WHAT IS "POLITICS"

This little boy goes to his Dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it to you this way ... I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me 'Capitalism.' Your Mom, she's the
    administrator of the household, so we'll call her the Government.We're here to take care of YOUR needs, so we'll call you 'The people.'

The nanny, well, she works hard all day for very little money, so we'll consider her the Working Class'. And your baby brother.. we'll call him 'The Future.' Now, think about that and see if it makes sense."

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what his Dad has said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep.

Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door he peeks into the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next day, the father says, "Well son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, The People are being ignored, and the Future is in Deep *."

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    I think Rreagan wrote this just for Clinton.
    [:D][:)][8D][:p][^]

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many
    rewards.
    If you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book." Ronald
    Reagan

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg

When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns
    edited November -1
    It isn't that dark and scary.. I used to think so, but now I post there all the time. [:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    I'd laugh a lot harder if it wasn't so damn true!

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.