In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CNN Duz it again

PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
Just heard a short piece on CNN "Hotwired" about Gunbroker Auctions, It was on in the other room and what I could hear was rather unbiased, What I Did see was alot of Bushmaster pics Of course the announcer explained that there are requirements for buying firearms on line including the BUYER Doing a background check..Oh well I dont think most of the folks seeing it will even understand..all they will know from the piece is that you can go on line and get guns..cant they ever get anything right??

Comments

• Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    While the piece did have a few innacuuracies (we have not ever been hacked, the aforementioned background check and transfer process was not 100% correct), it was pretty unbiased by media standards. They contacted us today and asked us to explain how it works and we obliged, and in return we got an overall good story. Certainly they could have picked a different gun than the Bushmaster, but the media always has to lean a bit to the left.

We will report back and let you know if we see a big increase in site traffic.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I saw it, and it was fair as the press can be, but I'm afraid that we are about to get a lot of negative attention.

The NRA is on our side!
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of COURSE they will pick the Bushmaster right now; that's the story angle -- it's another sniper sidebar story. But I'm glad the coverage was fair. They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, and the more people who vote with their computers to buy guns online, the better for everyone.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geeez Admin!
    You could have put a blurb on the boards that y'all were going to be featured on the tube! I'd have made a point to watch it ... I usually listen to Fox if da kid doesn't have it on some cartoon or amimal channel ...

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the lack of notice folks. CNN did not contact us until late afternoon and we were not sure that the story was even going to run. I have it recorded on UltimateTV and am going to try to create an MPEG of it for you folks to watch.

I am going to be out of town tommorrow-Sun so it will be next week before I will be able to try to figure out how to download and edit it. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will run on CNN Headline news again..We nicknamed that channel "news loops" as they run the same stories over and over..
    I got a chance to see it again and somehow they made a mistake (or Ted And jane were in hanoi)..They really didnt bash us and despite the techinical flubs about transfers they were fair...perhaqps the Liberal media isnt as perfect as they think..I still dont trust em..