In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody use Lasermax laser ??? opinions.

BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
I'm thinking of getting a lasermax for my Beretta 92fs. Any of you use these and if so what is your opinion?????

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one for my 226.
    I like it.
    It is pretty accurate.
    But....I would not trust my life to it.
    The batteries would quit, if you did.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the internal high-intensity version for for my Glock 20 (10mm). I bought the laser in '96 and I'm still on my original set of batteries (believe it or not). The only problem I've had with mine was I smashed the battery cap when reassembling the gun after cleaning. I called 'em and even when I told them it was my fault they told me they'd send one out. I told them I'd like to buy an additional one and they also threw it in. I realize this is probably a 5 cent part but they handled it and I was back in business within a week.
    Here's a few pictures of it with it turned on (some are hard to see, but you can make out the dot):

http://bambihunter.myftp.org/images/10mm/laser/
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I made an inquiry last month and received a quick ( although short and to the point ) reply from Doug Warmbrodt of lasermax.

The following was the email ,

> I don't think you currently offer a laser for the H&K line of handguns.
    > Might this be a possibility for the future? Also is there a custom shop
    at
    > lasermax ? The model I own is a full sized USP 45 tactical. Thanks SxS
    Re:

The USP Compact 40cal/357sig sight is due out this Dec/Jan. After that, our
    engineers will focus on the full size.

Doug Warmbrodt
    Technical Customer Service

Too many times I've found if you have a question it and you end up getting "flushed" by companies .
    I was pleased that they took the time to reply and did so in a timely manor, my kinda people .

I've shot a glock w/their sights and that unit is still going strong today w/no problemoooo's .

I may end up getting one for my H&K . [:)]

Damn bambihunter , lucky 13 or what ?

Have guns,will travel<P>
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SXSMAN
    IDamn bambihunter , lucky 13 or what ?

[:D] Yep, I have 13 guns total right now (WAY down from my high of 72), I have 13 magazines for my Glock 20, and 13 mags for my 10/22, and 13 mags for my 422/622 S&W.
    Ironically, none of these were on purpose. I only realized this recently when I was taking inventory... Should I be worried? [:o)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Should I be worried?

Nope .

Now some intrusion into your lair without your nod , yeah .... I might sweat that ......[B)],[xx(]

Have guns,will travel
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    I have one in my Glock 22 and like it allright. the only issues I have are 1. the laser turning itself off during rapid fire 2. the lens gets powder coated with muzzle blast residue which cuts down visability. Its bright, accurate, great service from the company and a lot of fun to mess around with. Would I trust it under extended combat duty? Probably not without more extensive use on my part. Do I trust it under normal home defense use? Yes without hesitation. I too had great support from the Lasermax people, they sent me an extra guide rod spring, batteries, battery caps, slide lock spring free of charge. Either they are real generous with great customer support or they are charging so much they feel guilty about the price. I got mine from Todd at Blue Mountain Police and Fire for $265.00 a couple of years ago. I don't know if they have went up in price but you might ask him if your interested. Don't pay retail though, there are enouph sellers available on line that you should be able to get a decent discount.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."