In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Car Shopping Tomorrow

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Mrs njretcop is going car shopping tomorrow. [^]

Shouldn't take too long since all she buys are Saturns. Her current car, a 2000 has only 14,000 miles on it. Her commute to work is about 5 miles round trip a day.

She going to buy a VUE I believe. She collects Boyds Bears and never has enough room to bring them all home, LOL. I guess the only decision is color.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I think she would look good in red[;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Tools,

Funny you should say that, she's leaning toward the red one now. [V]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mazda RX-8!My girl test drove one and she about dumped me when we didnt get it.Awesome cars!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good choice. A friend of mine who works at Saturn in Tenn. thanks you.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    njretcop since the Mrs collects boyds bears did you happen to take her to the Boyds bear barn over by Gettysburg during your Harrisburg trip? If you didn't I sure hope she doesn't read this post[:)]

Don't worry if you do have to go they have sandwich shops and an ice cream parlor downstairs, that's where I spent my time.[;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    What? No Donut Shops[:D][:D]
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a 2004 dodge stratus a couple of months ago. What I awesome car. Rides nice and handles like a sports car. Test drove it and it had all the power you need and lots more. Popped the hood when I got back to the dealership and could not beleive what I saw. A 2.4 litre 4 banger. It is amazing the power that you get from these motors today! Would not of bought it but they widened and lengthened them in 2004. Very roomy also! Not real good in snow though!!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!
  • MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drove a 2004 model Vue with the V6 recently. With 250HP, it will getty-up and go. The 4cyl model has that 1 speed transmission the will prevent you from getting on the interstate unless the on-ramp is exceptionally long.....Seriously slow. However, I bought the L300 3 loaded and love it.

aguncollector@prodigy.net
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she gets the 2004, get the v6, it has a Honda Pilot engine.. IMO, this is just GM admitting that their engines suck..

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck Charlie,me and my better half bought a new car to about a month ago.Got an offer I could not refuse on an 03 Model Dodge Neon Loaded with traction control and a 2.2 Liter 16 Valve over head cam Magnum Engine.Im impressed with the power,its an automatic trans with 1st 3rd Over Drive.You put it in OD and the computer does the rest.Its much easier on gas than my wifes Passport 4x4 and my S-10 extended cab 4x4.Maybe we can afford to do some traveling now,with gas prices being $1.56 a gallon here.Were going to try and put all the miles on it and keep them off our other vehicles.BTW I thought all Saturns were Silver/Grey I know it seemed like all the Dodges were!

Have fun[8D]

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Charlie
    Swwbo can probably find a light bar, wig-wags, etc that will fit on Carol's new VUE. She's going to need them if she wants to keep up with you and your hot rod Hudson......LOL.

Rugster
    Allright then. Sounds like you and the Mrs are ready for a trip to Richmond. Come on by.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    14370_SH.jpg
    Charlie,tell her to buy this one.
    [}:)][:p][:D][^][:)][8D]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I was a car dealer for 15 years and built a Saturn dealership. Saturn is a pleasureable buying experience. Congrats and have fun!! Enjoy the VUE!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Nice part about it, we don't have to do no haggling.

My borther-in-law is a retired GM executive and we get the employee discount!! [^][^][^]

vic.jpg

Charlie

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    njretcop, How do you really gat the big discount? Doa you calla ina da family?[;)][;)]GHD
    edited November -1
    Charlie,

Yeah, we just send Guido (three fingers) and Vinnie (the blade) to make our final offer........ya know, the one they can't refuse, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

• maboogermabooger Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok "Uncle" Charlie I'm in I need a new car [:D][:D]

Oh wait a minute I won't need the family discount -- I'm gonna win 222 million here in a couple hours !![;)] Sorry punchie I have the winning numbers

ma.gif
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you off tonight Chris?

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I feel like I walked into the middle of a dance bar...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Yep I'm off until 10 Sunday night.
    Just got home from the girls playoff game -- they won.

Have a game tomorrow & baseball camp & practice --- Makes me wish we were back in Harrisburg!!!!

ma.gif
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those were the fun days... I used me meet myself coming and going when the children were home... Sometimes I miss it.. Like tonight.. Just Abby and I..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
    edited November -1
    If we live through it you mean !! [;)][;)]

I'm sure we ( ok me not PA -- he can't wait for all the running to end) will miss it --- it's very hectic & stressful but also fun because that is our social life ,,, most of our friends are right there beside us !

ma.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie when ya get time please tell me how you keep the lamps on your wig wags from burning out[?]Seems Ive already went through more in my new Ford Crown Vic than I ever did with my Chevy Caprice.[8D]

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"