In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thru-the-Glass CB Antennas...

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Anyone have any experience with these? Do they have decent range? Also, do they need to be tuned for maximum performance? What about a double-setup?

I think I'm gonna go with either a single glass thru, double glass thru, or a magnetic trunk mount

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
banner-small.jpg
www.awbansunset.com

Comments

• NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can honestly tell you to avoid them at all cost.They perform horrible you cant get a good SWR on them.If you really want a good antenna go for the wilson 1000 or 5000.If your looking for something small and not very noticeable cobra has one out thats about 24 inches long I would recommend it.You can also adjust your SWR's.

Good Luck!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Rugster said-

Not sure how much, but Thru-the-Glass CB Antennas I bet you will lose a ton of RF power..

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How bout the lil wilson?

http://www.valcoelectronics.com/cbantenna/antenna.htm
    I was looking at the different antennas on here.. maybe I'll just wait til I get a truck and get a mirror mount.

Is this the cobra you were talking about? The AT-35?
    910.jpg

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger270man-

Here is a great site with all kinds of CB/10meter stuff & tons of antenna's.
    [url]Http://www.copper.com[/url]

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Little Wil works great and will handle up to 500 watts.Test done by Lokheed(SP) Martin prove the Wilson's have higher gain than other good brand name antenna's.Yap that looks like the cobra I was refering to.Ive also done business with Valco and their a great company,their shipping is very fast and they have good brand name equipment,and you can buy somthing generic with the Valco on it and save alot of money.If you need firther assistance shoot me an E-mail I will try to help.But it sounds like your on the right track.

FrancF Ive done alot of business with Cooper and Im with you I think their a good company to deal with.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"