In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CARROTS...EGGS...COFFEE...

Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
My mother-in-law is one who forwards everything she gets in her e-mail. Most of the time I just read and then delete them, but with some things being the way they are, this one I thought I'd share.

CARROTS...EGGS...COFFEE...Which are you?
A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it, as she was tired of fighting and struggling, and wanted to give up. It seemed as one problem was solved another arose.
Her mother lead her to the kitchen, where she filled three pots with water. She put carrots in the first, eggs in the second, and the last she put some ground coffee. Without saying a word, she let them boil for about twenty minutes and then turned off the burners. She then put each of the three in a different bowl, and turning to her daughter asked what she saw. To which she replied carrots, eggs, and coffee. Her mother told her to feel the carrots. When she did, she noticed that they had gotten soft. She told her to break open an egg. She peeled one and observed that it was now hard-boiled. She then told her to taste the coffee. When she did, its richness made her smile. After a second or two she turned to her mother and asked what the point was. Her mother explained that each item had faced the same adversity, and each had reacted to it in a different way. Her mother asked which one she was. When trouble knocks on your door, how do you respond?

Think of this: Am I the carrots that seem strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?
Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit? After a hardship or similar trial, does my shell look the same but is my inside now hardened and stiff? Or, am I like the coffee which actually changes the very circumstance that brings the pain? When things were at there worst it released its potential, and changed the situation to suit itself.
When the hours are there darkest, do you elevate to another level? Which are you? A carrot...egg...or coffee...

To get the ball rolling, I'll go first. Depending on the situation, I'm usually coffee but with a little over-easy on the side.

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some may say Im a pickle HA!! HA!!Really their is a good lesson to be learnt.They say with age comes wisdom.Im 31yrs old and the wisdom has yet to come.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret