In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Difference in Ruger Mini-14 regular and ranch

SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What exactly is the difference in the "regular" Ruger Mini-14 and the Mini-14 Ranch Rifle?

EMSParamedic.gif
I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are not many differences besides the sights and the reciever; A standard Mini has an aperture rear sight while the ranch rifle has a folding rear sight to be used in conjuction with the supplied scope rings which mount into receiver cuts found on the ranch rifle.

Mark T. Christian
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told by my dealer that Besides the scope mount feature
    the Ranch also ejects at more of an angle than the standard mini-14 to clear a mounted scope.I own both models myself and in stripping the guns the only internal differnce is the Recoil spring Guide
    end and its relationship to the receiver,Whats the real differnce
    between the two? As far as shooting and accuracy Both a mini-14 and the ranch version shoot the same to me ,Scoped or not.Just My opinion.

use_deer.jpg
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Those guys are correct.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies!!!!!

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One is made for a scope (ranch) and one is not regular the sights on the regular model are better I think. The ranch doesn't shoot any better with a scope than with than the regular with open sights.

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of Mini's, one of my standard .223 models will throw brass 8-10 ft in front of you.This was made that way so you would not throw hot brass on the guy in the trench next to you.With Good Mags (Mason,Ruger,PMI,Pro Mag) these are excellent rifles.Rumor has it Pro Mag is trying to get the contract to make mini mags for Ruger.I got lucky a few yrs back and came into some Ruger factory 20RD mags,Ive never had a problem.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"