In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock question

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I found these numbers on my Glock 23, and was just wondering what they mean.

First number reads: 2501581710
glock001-1.jpg

Second number reads: 1882
glock002-1.jpg

Comments

• SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive got a new to me glock 21, if the slide is open and a magazine is slammed home, the slide lock is disengaged and the slide slams forward. Is this supposed to happen?
    edited November -1
    I am looking for a used Glock and I have 1 key question. Is a Glock 19/23 gen 3 (fingergrooves & rail) better than a gen 2(no grooves or rail). Is the difference just the look or is there a upgrade to the frame/trigger/etc... ?

Thanks

Sig 229
    Mossberg 590
    edited November -1
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this sort of question, but maybe some of you vets out there can at least steer me in the right direction :) I have a Glock model 19, I have been told by more than one person not to scrub off the copper lubricant located on the bottom of the slide. Well, I just cleaned it the other night, and it came off on it's own. I have been told that the gun will need to be returned to Glock for service if this stuff ever gets worn off, I did lubricate the slide as I always do, however I have not fired it yet with the copper coating missing, the slide still seems to function normally..... Has anyone ever heard of this?
    edited November -1
    A long time ago, I heard that Glock had made a special run of pistols with a thumb safety, similar to that of a 1911, to meet requirements of one country's military contract. Seems like it was Australia, but I don't know.
    edited November -1
    Will a 9mm Glcok 17 barrel work with my Glock 31 in .357 sig?
    edited November -1
    I was reading about the new Glock 34, and 35s(the glocks with the new hard case) and it was saying it had a new extractor style. Does anyone know what the changes to the extractor were, and was it an improvment or are both styles as effective? And are the new Glock 34 and 35s more PC than the older models?'

2. How can you tell when a Glock was manufactured? Do they have a lettering system like HKs?
    edited November -1
    Im thinking of getting a Glock for IDPA, and mostly plinking and defense just in case. Right now im looking at the Glock 17, and the Glock 22. If you were me what model would you want?

1. Does Glock make 33 round magazines for the 17? Im almost positive they do.

2. Whats the highest magazine capacity for the Glock 22? Do they make 30 rounders for it?

3. I know you can get a .357 SIG barrel for the Glock 22, but what about a 9mm barrel?
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1.) I think they go as high as 31 for the 17. I believe the magazine capacities are 10/17/19/31

2.) the 22 has 10/15/17 capacity. no 30 rounders that I'm aware of.

3.) I heard from someone long long ago that yes, there is the ability to use a 9mm barrel in a 22, but I heard not long after that it was not as simple as just replacing the barrel. I couldn't answer for sure, but looking at the specs of the 17, 22, and the 31 on glock's website, all 3 look to be of the same dimensions, framewise, etc. My experience with glock stops here.. [:)]
  • ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a G19, G23, G30, or go real small and get the G26 or G27. If you want a CCW gun.[:)]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I like the 9mm for IDPA as it is a game and the 40 or bigger for real life. I shoot a 9mm Taurus in IDPA competition because it is faster due to less recoil and the ammo is cheaper. I carry a Glock 30 45acp as a CCW.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go for the Glock 22, more punch than the nine-mil[:D]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, show them IDPA boys who's boss - show up with a 10mm! [:D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Flatlander03Flatlander03 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the model 17 there is an aftermarket magazine of 33 rounds, and for the model 22 there is aftermarket 29 rounders.

As for converting the model 22 to 9mm, all that is needed is a "9mm conversion barrel". The model 22 mag will work but not perfectly, the lips are a little wider. Otherwise the model 17 mag will work in the model 22.

DUE TO RELIABLITY ISSUES, DO NOT USE THIS CONFIGURATION FOR SELF DEFENSE! For target and plinking it works great and your targets don't shoot back.[:D]

Flatlander03.jpeg
    Hanover_Park.gif
    [img]http://personal.zcloud.net/dean/Ban Daley not guns.jpeg[/img]
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

George Carlin
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Glock is an excellant gun I have a 17,22,23,21,and a 31 .357 sig.The Glock 17 would be the best choice for competition shooting.In nearly any Semi-Auto Handgun the 9mm will be the most accurate.They do make a 33RD mag that will fit the Glock 17,it was made for the Glock 18 9mm auto.Good Luck!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"