In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What a knife

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My wife came home yesterday evening and said Ive got you something.She was grinning from ear to ear as she handed me a bag.I opened the bag to get the box out and thought it had to be an anchor,but I dont have a boat.I opened the box to see a 2 ft replica of an old timer 3 bladed knife.I began to excitely open the blades and could not believe my eyes.Exact replica's of the old timer but 200 times bigger.I played with it a while and just had to weigh it.So I put it on a set of scales and it weighed 8 pounds,but feels much heavier.A guy she does tax work for sold it to her,Ive never seen anything like it.Anyone else seen or have one of these?

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"

Comments

• RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Ive seen similar knives, dont know the brands. Never saw an old timer version. They are awesome display pieces, or make a good wittlin' knife as well [:D]
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Charlie,

Some of you guys just do nothing but brag, brag, brag all the time.

"I played with it a while and just had to weigh it. So I put it on a set of scales and it weighed 8 pounds, but feels much heavier." [:D]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I've seen them used for displays, but never for sale.

Sounds like a good surprise.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seen a couple like this in a local shop but not old timer's his asking price is around $30.00 that is just a bit to much for me to have a toy. I can buy a whole box of 300WSM for that price

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    This item does not exist until pictures are posted on this forum!

[:D][:D]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of you are confusing those giant junk Frost knives for a REAL display knife. Real display knives are usually a good investment, though I'm not sure how much interest their would be in an Old Timer display knife. Doe's it say Old Timer on it?
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smoky Mountain Knife Works in eastern TN has several on their walls, various brands, some appear to be over five feet long.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie you kill me[:D] It does say Old Timer on it.My wife said this guy went to Pigeon Forge this past weekend to a knife show and made $9000.00 and some odd dollars selling knives.This gentlemen is retired his wife passed away a couple yrs ago.My wife says he just trys to keep something on his mind.His intentions were to give her the knife for me.But my wife would not take advantage of his kindness and he sold it to her for what he said it cost him $20.00.I would say it probably cost more than $20.00,I can buy the pocket knife for about that much.I have never seen a knife so big............Charlie I wont say it but I bet you can guess what I have in mind.BTW He sold her a K-Bar Tactical knife with a Glass bedded sheath for $10.00.I think they sale for $100.00 not counting the sheath.This is more like a gift and a great act of kindness.

Im going to ask my wife to learn how to post pics on this forum.She knew how on another forum I used to moderate but they went belly up.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"