In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

XXX DEER DUNG

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just come from the woods.My Grandson found a pile of Deer Stool that was 7/8 to 1 inch long and each piece was 1/2 inch in Diam.

Any of you Hunters ever find any Deer Poop this large?I have been an avid Deer Hunter for 40 years and never seen any Deer Poop this Big.

Do you suppose there is a Monster Buck nearby? I never heard of Moose in Ohio.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you Sure it was deer Dung[:D]?, I have seen even larger deer dung
    as a Boy Hunting in the Adorondak Mountains of New York I remember
    asking my Grandfather the same Question and he said the deer are Huge
    up here and live over 7 years old on average I guess he ment the larger bodies make larger dung? But i have since Deer hunted down in Farmland of Delaware, Ulster and orange countys and Never saw Dung that big again.I hope i was helpful.

use_deer.jpg
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    never seen anything like that in this part of Ohio.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of times. Haven't caught up to any monsters yet though. Maybe it just comes from normal deer that have been stopped up?
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with DBV! Stopped up deer!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey crosshair...lookout it could be bear lol
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more I think about it, It could be from a larger sized deer possibly!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
    edited November -1
    Well, if you haven't guessed it I am related to S.gun...I am his grandson...that stool was gigantic, it was so big I actually thought it was bear at first.I actually think it could be the big buck my family has seen in the woods the past years.

Seeing the animal, and pulling the trigger are two different things!
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Could be a ground hog, they hibernate all winter, come spring they realy have to go.[:D][:D][:D]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive seen it alot this time of year and ask a Biologist about it several yrs ago.He said more than likely it was from pregnant Does who have bigger stool naturaly.He also said that what they eat this time of yr has alot to do with it.But he also told me there were no Mountain Lions in this area,and way to many people have saw them for it to be true.So who knows you may have an Elk roaming around with a rocking chair tied to his head.

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, if you haven't guessed it I am related to S.gun...I am his grandson...that stool was gigantic, it was so big I actually thought it was bear at first.I actually think it could be the big buck my family has seen in the woods the past years.

It very well could be a bear. One farm I hunt is on the border of Guernsey and Tuscarawas counties and the owner has video of four black bears in his field behind the house. I haven't seen any while in my stand, but there are tracks and sign everywhere. Haven't seen any poo though so I don't know how big it is.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    The key to baiting in that monster buck is to hang some packets of Metamucil (to keep him "regular" of course). [:D][:D]

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    how about moose droppings ... I've seen might big ones and sometimes really big piles, too.[:)] Second thought, I'm thinking that Moose is bigger in diameter, too.
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Canada goose droppings are about that size.
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any coyotes in that part of the country? They look like dog droppings do.Big cats look like that too.--Or it could be Bigfoots notorious 1st cousin "Bigbutt"...........[:D][:D]
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this post is nothing but crap !!!!!![:D][:D][:D]

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Could it be Bear? I don't remember for sure what Bear Droppings look like.I found a Bear Den 2 inches deep with Bear Droppings about 25 years ago(Elk County Penn.)

This stool we found yesterday,in volume is about 5 times larger than any Deer Dropping I've ever seen.Probably were 25 or 30 of these Huge Pellets.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    I think it could be a bear. Did you read my reply above? What county are you in?

Don't ask me what bear droppings look like, if I've seen them then I didn't know it. Some of these smart WV or PA members should be able to describe the doodoo though[:)]

edited November -1
    I do remember the droppings having a type of grass in them. Wold bears eat that type of thing?