In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another thug gets shot by his intended victim (GA)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
Man Shot in Botched Robbery Attempt
An Atlanta man is recovering Thursday after being shot during a botched robbery attempt in southwest Atlanta.

Atlanta police said the man, armed with a BB gun, approached a car parked on Maryland Circle intending to rob the occupants. Instead, the driver of the car pulled out a larger gun and shot the man.

The attempted robber suffered non life-threatening injuries, police said.

Authorities said they were still looking for the shooter.
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.asp?storyid=18636

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Comments

• Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    Why are they looking for the"shooter"?The criminal admitted to attempted armed robbery!The "shooter" defended himself!WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

www.waveformwear.com
    fighting censorship...with an attitude
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe they want to find the guy, so the thug's lawyer can SUE HIM!!!

www.waveformwear.com
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "shooter" did exactly what the legal system taught him to do. Defend yourself and flee because you are going to get chewed up by the true criminal's lawyers. I hope they never find him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amen,idsman.

www.waveformwear.com
  • Options
    Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So...another example of us "ignorant rebels" dealing with a problem with the right answer.I really feel sorry for the people in the so-called "advanced northern states" who are not trusted enough to defend themselves.Time after time the evidence to arm ourselves is presented.What the heck goes on in states like New Jersey? Some really DUMB politicians who have not been mugged or raped I guess.

Little people talk about people,regular people talk about things,and big people talk about ideas.
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BUSHY WE KNOW WHAT WORKS DOWN HERE.THE FOLKS IN THE NORTH ARE JUST DIFFERENT.YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE NUMBER OF SNEERS I GET AT MY NRA STICKERS ON MY TRUCK.THEY JUST DONT GET IT,THEYVE GROWN UP BEING TOLD LIES BY LIBERALS ALL THEIR LIVES AND YOU JUST CANT TELL THEM THE TRUTH THEY WILL FLAT OUT CALL YOU A LIAR AND CONTINUE BELIEG ALL THE LEFT WING PROPAGANDA THAT HAS BEEN SPOON FED TO THEM SINCE BIRTH

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • Options
    Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Submariner...had a similar situation happen a few years ago in Dothan AL...man at an ATM has his 2 year old daughter in his arms when accosted by would be armed robber who demands his wallet...says"just a moment while I put my daughter down"...does so and then reaches into back pocket and pulls out .32...shoots robber between the eyes...end of story!! Went to court as formality...justifiable self-defence...no lawyers,no problem!

Little people talk about people,regular people talk about things,and big people talk about ideas.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    a bb gun at a gun fight is not too damn cool.
    sorta not even as good as a knife.
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    ghost614ghost614 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the victim is being hunted? what's this world coming to?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bushy & Walt, please do not confuse / lump all of us northern folk with those condemned, for whatever reasons, to live in the liberal cesspools that pollute much of the East Coast & Rust Belt. There are still some places where self defense is considered a rational response to a threat.
  • Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats about as stupid as a man being able to sue you for breakng his leg in your house..While he was ROBBING it.These laws we have here can be quite twisted at times.

Eric S. Williams