In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Home Bluing system?

E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
I have to re-finish my fathers Kel-Tec for him immediately.I gave him a cigar box to keep it in to slow the rust down but its getting out of hand he left it out of the box a couple of nights and the humidity is getting it the mag even has rust on it.I need a cheap good system for doing it at home and available at a store like Academy or Wal-Mart.If anyone here knows of a product that works well or any other good priced system that is better than rebluing I will greatly appreciate it.Need help A.S.A.P

Eric S. Williams

Edited by - E.Williams on 07/30/2002 17:04:51

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive read good reviews on wonder Blue or vice versa its supposed to be the best without requiring baking.

Good luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    Seth K. PerumeonySeth K. Perumeony Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone keeps talking about Blue Wonder Gun Blue.
    Looks like great stuff.
    The president of the company even reads this board.
    Nice fella, even offered me some for free, but I was so busy with other stuff I got distracted.

Guns are good, Guns are great... please don't throw them in the lake.
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E.Williams....the BLUE WONDER thread is still active. Lots of good things are said about this product. I put a friend onto this system and he now swears by it. Also, Midway has it in stock.
    muley

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont even think I need to find the thread thats 3 in a row who said the same on the same product so Im going for it.Thanks fellas I will let you know how the Kel-Tec turns out.

Eric S. Williams
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    BLUE WONDER is the best, I have tried em all and its the only one that does what they say it will do.

And you get what you pay for, I have tried the 5.00 a bottle junk, and that is what it is, JUNK.

Go with the best and follow the directions, and any dummy can do a bang up job with BLUE WONDER, I know I did.

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    firing pinfiring pin Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's also sold on gun broker. Just search Blue wonder
  • Options
    kgnovumkgnovum Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    E.Williams - If you decide to use our product, you probably want to get a "matte" finish on the Kel-Tec. If so, there are a couple of ways to do it, but the directions for this are not shown on the package. Check our website www.novumsolutions.com as we have full detailed instructions listed there. Or, feel free to e-mail me or call me and I can go over the process with you.

Also, before you go to re-bluing the gun, try using the Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner and "0000" steel wool to remove the surface rust. It will not harm the bluing and if it has not rusted "through" the bluing yet, this might be all you need and it will save you some money. Just be sure to oil the gun well after you are done and use an oil that has good protective (anti-corrosive) properties. I'd recommend Breakfree CLP - that's what we use on our blued guns.

Regards, Ken Gibbs
    e-mail - kgibbs@novumsolutions.com
    Phone: 832-204-0866 (office - daytime)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got some of the Blue Wonder.It took some looking but I finally tracked it down after a few calls.I couldnt find the Blue Wonder Blue and Rust remover so I had to get a different kind.From what I have read here I will be very impresed with your product.If I am I will reccomend nothing else to anyone .Thank You for personally giving interest here on my dilemma.With that I am already impressed with your company.

Eric S. Williams